When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 229 Firenze edition!

bazonkers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Rolli. That exclusive maker makes great PAM's - but I have yet to see one that I would say is "ultimate" or without it's own idiosyncrasies.

I never said they were perfect or "ultimate", I've yet to see a perfect rep. We've got to pick and choose what faults we can live with and out of the box, his seem to have the faults I can most live with. MOST of what people nit-pick about is stuff that blown up on a 21" computer monitor, magnified 10 times next to a gen looks glaring. On the wrist, walking through the mall it is not. PERIOD. His faults are SO MUCH BETTER than looking at an "etched' crown on a rep Rolex. NOTHING screams REP to me like that. It is simply not visible to the naked eye on a gen UNLESS you get out a flashlight and shine it up through the crystal at the 6 o'clock position towards the 12. They would be much better to NOT have it at all. But I digress, that is another conversation for another thread.

I just don't know that it is "too much efforts for nothing." I don't see the passion and efforts to please us from any other dealer (not customer service, but bringing unique and rare reps to us at our request).

Again, I mean no disrespect, but I wholeheartedly disagree that his efforts are in vain.

what i see, thats a big ignorance and many talks for nothing.

for the rising prices has to be only one result, a nearly perfect rep.

what panerai can do, the makers can do the same, they have all technical possiblities.

but they don't use them.

why not ???

is that inability ??? or ????

rolli

Well, i would never categorize any of these efforts as being in vain. I also agree we all have our pet peeves about the various flaws with reps. Mine has always been logo's and fonts. That is why i like the Omegas and Rollies so much - you can pretty much source a genuine dial if you are willing to try hard enough. Genuine PAM dials are near-non existant. The rest of the PAM watches are great and can be dealt with if you desire (datewheels, crowns, crown guards, buckles, lume, etc). But I find PAM dials to be just too far off. Of course, that's me. To each their own. I will be a huge buyer if they ever fix this issue.