When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 229 Firenze edition!

bazonkers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did someone ask about the lume quality ????

I forgot. :(

But I did ask if the second batch could have a better, thicker crown. Andrew was non-comittal but he's aware of it now. (It's up to the maker, anyway).

I'm also VERY excited. Hope I nab one since the pics Bazonkers posted are GORGEOUS.

EDIT: I know this is just a dream, but personally, I would pay $100 more for a random serial number. :pray:

it does not need a 'beefier' crown. auto pams have a thinner crown than manual wind pams. if people would do a bit of research besides just skimming the board and plagiarizing what they read, that info is readily available ;)

i have sat at lunch with friends from the knife boards (one who owns 15 gen pams...) wearing my old factory 036 and the crown is thicker than on the gen 40mm or 44mm auto pams i have held up to it. the real problem with the rep crowns is that they have too few teeth. and the most common after market replacement has the correct number of teeth, but an incorrect bevel on the edge.

the 229 looks great :) the only reason i didn't get a davidsen 089 is because it was ti and too close to my 036. this one is different enough from my 5218 and 036 and 029 to justify the purchase!

No one is only going to make 5. The market will be flooded in no time. There will be 100x the number of gens n rep form. So starting 2 weeks from now I will always assume if someone is wearing it it is a fake. Does look good though.

Right what I was thinking Warren... :g:

I like this watch a lot.

On last year I went to the Panerai boutique, here in Firenze and asked if I could get one of those.

They told me they were all booked out, but they took note of my name and said they would call me, if anyone would cancell his reservation..., but it didn't happen.

So now I could get it somehow.

It's just a shame that only 100 genuine were made and probably 1000 reps will be around soon....

No one is only going to make 5. The market will be flooded in no time. There will be 100x the number of gens n rep form. So starting 2 weeks from now I will always assume if someone is wearing it it is a fake. Does look good though.

If you see someone wearing one you can guarantee its fake! They only made 100 of them and I'm sure the owners are not sporting them around like they were 111's. I have gone to two different Paneristi GTG's with over 150 watches at each of them. The chances of seeing a 229 in the flesh are as rare as seeing a unicorn riding a shooting star wearing a concert t-shirt.

Jos says the case is "Polish." Shouldn't is be Latvian or at least brushed?

W/ an OEM crown,a nice blue croc strap, high quality single sided AR, and a lume this ought to be one of the better PAM reps for under $500 all in--a pretty good rep/gen ratio since the gen would cost probably 12 grand if you get someone to sell theirs.

The dial looks a little too blue (more the color of the 168 than the 082, ) but that could very well be the pics. Caseback looks pretty good. Here's the gen:

post-53-1199583100_thumb.jpg

Jos says the case is "Polish." Shouldn't is be Latvian or at least brushed?

More like "Calgon". Ancient Chinese secret, huh.

high quality single sided AR

Which also reminds me -- Andrew lists his as Double AR.

Whilst beautiful, don't Panerai watches have single-sided AR, in their entirety?

I have one in route. I verified with Josh. I don't have my tracking number yet but he said he allocated one of these first ones for me. I ordered early yesterday morning.

"Hi,

I have allocated one unit for you No worries..

Thanks

joshua"

EDIT: I just checked his site. I actually do have a tracking number for this order. Yay! I forgot that he doesn't email them to me like Andrew.

Edited by bazonkers

there were only 5 total of the first stock split between Joshua, andrew and King.. new stock will be available in 2 weeks.. as with the 104 also

That's crazy! Only 5? I wonder why so few. On that note, they should make limited edition reps. That would be an interesting experiment. Of course, they'd make reps of the reps.

Edited by bazonkers

That's crazy! Only 5? I wonder why so few. On that note, they should make limited edition reps. That would be an interesting experiment. Of course, they'd make reps of the reps.

they were the first ones to come out of the "oven" ... I have mine enroute also.. but you have "Honors" bazonkers .. i have posted enough new releases .. so .. please, although i will recieve the parcel probably on tuesday.. you go on ahead and i will look forward to your review :D .. have fun buddy

they were the first ones to come out of the "oven" ... I have mine enroute also.. but you have "Honors" bazonkers .. i have posted enough new releases .. so .. please, although i will recieve the parcel probably on tuesday.. you go on ahead and i will look forward to your review :D .. have fun buddy

Haha, ok, such pressure. Hopefully mine will come soon. We need someone to review a 164 and 104 as well. I didn't get those. Yet.