When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 229 Firenze edition!

bazonkers

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rep

12.jpg

MY DREAM COME TRUE!!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=331923

I posted inquiring if this was ever going to be repped, and people didn't know. Davidsen didn't reply. Now I can buy it, thank you thank you for posting!! MWAH!

EDIT: After my enthusiasm has calmed down, I note the positives outweight that skinnya$s crown. Look at that movement, indeed. Wow!

Bazonkers follows up noting that autos have thinner crowns, and sure, I've heard that.

But in my thread, I posted a pic of a gen 228 GMT:

Thicker crown than that rep, no? But hey. I love pizza!

Yes, and in my post in this thread I posted a gen 229 photo :) The crown looks thin to me on that as well.

GEN 229

pam00229marinafirenzeqw1.jpg

Edited by bazonkers

Can someone verify that this model was limited to 100 pieces?

Yep ... 100 pieces indeed.

I like they copied this but from the pixx i can see two things that would prevent me from buying at this time. The "L SWISS MADE L" is too close to the 6 ... and the blue dial is plain blue... not like Davidson's PAM82 which has a magnificent blue dial that changes color when you look at different angles.... and that's how the PAM229 dial should be as well.

Are there more flaws i am missing?

Well, all you naysayers on the gen crowns should be feeling pretty silly right now. :laugh: Relume, Lello datewheel, aftermarket cyclops and a gen crown and life is pretty sweet on this one (assuming the dial is good color and the caseback is fairly accurate). :good:

Nice.

I just PMed Andrew to see if he can source this from his associate, Joshua. We'll see. If so, I could buy the watch tomorrow. I'm very very excited.

More than the 005, but that's only because of that stupid slant of the OP logo. :(

@Yellomen: Yep, that matte dial colour worries me. But I'm going to email Andrew once he replies, about that. Let's be honest. Neither Andrew nor Joshua have the best photography on their sites. When I bought the FM Crazy Hours I didn't expect much. Fortunately, it's NOTHING compared to how it looks in person.

@Bazonkers: Might wait until you get yours then!

I think this has the new datewheel/cyclops that we saw on the new version Arktos so probably no need for the cyclops or datewheel -- gen crown and a relume and I think one would be all set.

Speaking of gen crowns... are they still available?

Nothing suspicious. PM me if you have any concerns.

Fair enough. Let's just say that asking for the price of a gen watch AT A GEN FORUM, after having bought the rep watch is not a wisest thing to do. If someone here wished you badly, they could've "outted" you as a member of this forum, and pointed their members to this thread. You can imagine their conclusions...

Trust me. I know how people are when they wish to make mischief.

Josh told someone on another forum they are sold out as well. They ordered one and got an email from Josh 15 min later with the news. I guess if you ordered one and didn't get the email, you are ok.

Either they only had 10 or these are insanely popular. At $288 a rep for an asian 7750 movt. it must be like printing money.

Edited by bazonkers

If the dial is at least somewhat faithful to the original, it will indeed be like printing money, these may very well fly off the shelves!

Oh this reminds me. Andrew said the dial had a gloss to it. Not sure if that means it's AS glossy as the DSN 082, or what, but at least it's not as matte as the photo.

And BZ, was told there were only 5 made. Sniff. :(

Oh this reminds me. Andrew said the dial had a gloss to it. Not sure if that means it's AS glossy as the DSN 082, or what, but at least it's not as matte as the photo.

And BZ, was told there were only 5 made. Sniff. :(

Sweet, that's great news on the gloss. Only 5 made?! Wow. I guess I got lucky. We'll see if I actually get one.

EDIT: I just emailed Josh. He said he has one allocated for me so I will get one of these. The review is back on track :)

Edited by bazonkers