When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone noticed? TWP's HBB with engraved Rotor!

ajoesmith

This is actually a second factory that is making HBBs. These are characterized by old asian 7750 movements with regulator and better rotor. Also, this factory uses a fake carbon fiber dial that is just checkered and not actually carbon fiber. The AR is there but it is weaker than the original HBB factory.

While the engraved rotor is a big plus, the engraving is too big and old 7750 is not as reliable as new 7750. Also the 99/250 and LE stamp is wrong because it only applies to limited editions where Aspen is not limited. 301 SB 615946 is a designated serial for St. Barths which is a CF dial ceramic bezel SS case BB. This factory fortunately makes this version but as stated before uses fake CF so that's a big down.

Mickey is right, the engraved rotor looks incorrect unfortunately and that one looks even less like the gen...I'd say the sticker or decal on the other 1's are way better and look more like the real thing..the letters on the rotor are supposed to be black, unless the special editions have different rotors

heres a pic i found on timezone

REALvsFAKE.jpg

These are characterized by old asian 7750 movements with regulator and better rotor.

Are you certain that this is the old 21.6K 7750? The 21.6K Asian 7750 has a chromed look to it, whereas the new ones are all sandblasted/anodized type of finish.

This one looks new to me, and I can't remember seeing a new watch in the past 18 months that didn't have the new A7750 in it.

The older A7750 is very reliable, I have one in my PAM 188 that has been running non-stop for 3 years...and not one problem with it. I am planning to do a teardown and report on it soon...

RG