When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC - What's the best dealer?

jacksavigliano

Dear all,

I am a new member of this forum, a "novice" of rep watches. Reading this forum, I understand that I could buy a good IWC rep without sell my car... :lol:

So, I have to ask you some advise:

- who are the best IWC dealers?

- any problem with particular movement?

- would you advise or not advise any models?

and anything you believe useful to know about IWC is welcome....

Thank you very much!

Jack.

Edited by jacksavigliano

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=56614

I advise the GST Chrono, the 3717 Chrono or the 3719 Chrono. Avoid the 21k6 versions of the 3717 (bad ones from Trustytime, Perfect Clones, etc.). If you like Ingenieurs, don't go for the Chrono. In fact, avoid the Portuguese Chronos or anything with seconds at six.

3719-06-640.jpg

3717-06-640.jpg

gst-06.jpg

If you're in Europe, Precious Time would be a good choice.

@pug.. since you didn;t buy from me .. (never will) perhaps you are ignorant and assuming I am selling 21.6K ?

I only sells the 21.6K for 2 weeks in August 06 ... Further on, I am selling the 28.8K .. Have delivered at least 150 pcs and now the watches are upgraded further double AR.

Thanks

joshua

At my ends.. I am sending out 28800bph with blue screws in them and sandblasted bridges. I am dealing with the "original" replica maker .. Not the copy a ready rep maker..

HBBs, Cousteaus (both versions) , 3717 pilot Chrono Black and steelfish... there are copies of the earlier replicas already surfaced.. have seen the samples and protos .. not selling them as i have oligations to the the original makers so I won't know what movt they put inside there..

Thanks

joshua

So is it safe to assume that the "copies" of the original reps are inferior in movement and other specs and is not being made by the makers that are producing the reps that are being sold by "our collectors" ?? and those that sell these .. are they stating the fact that they are coming from alternate makers.. and not the makers of the originally marketed Replications.. with the specified movements?

I think Josh just confirmed that he doesn't sell the "copies".

I'm not sure, to be honest. His comments "I won't know what movt they put inside there" and "I cannot comment on the movt cos I only see the watch on the outside.." leave questions in my mind. Or perhaps there is something lost in translation?

I'm not sure, to be honest. His comments "I won't know what movt they put inside there" and "I cannot comment on the movt cos I only see the watch on the outside.." leave questions in my mind. Or perhaps there is something lost in translation?

I may be chinese.. but you dun need any translation for my postings.. .. LOL..

No hidden meaning..

Like i have mentioned before... I am obligated to the "original" rep makers.. We have some agreement tied in.. Thus unlike other dealers, I cannot be seen offering this range of products... To date i only sold 2 HBB with diamond bezels from this copy maker.. This is done on with the permission of the original maker since he does not have these diamond bezel HBBs back then..

I was offered all the copies of HBB, Cosuteau and 3717... yes they are cheaper.. not considerably though... I examined the exterior.. I did not go into detail as for the movt since I was told that it will be 28800bph .. . Is it a hybrid 7750 that The Zigmeister discovered ? I dunno cos i did not examine the watch with the caseback pop open..

Thanks

Joshua

I was offered all the copies of HBB, Cosuteau and 3717... yes they are cheaper.. not considerably though... I examined the exterior.. I did not go into detail as for the movt since I was told that it will be 28800bph .. . Is it a hybrid 7750 that The Zigmeister discovered ? I dunno cos i did not examine the watch with the caseback pop open..

Thanks

Joshua

Hi Josh, can you elaborate a little?

For instance, are there cosmetic or quality differences for Iwc3717?

Thanks

But how is the quality? Lots of reflections in that crystal in your pics... That appears to be an AR-like tint on the crystal, rather than actual high quality AR.

what i know is the case set came out after the original piece.. and there are makers who are using the genuine AR factory.. same one that does AR for the genuine

companies.. weather it's AR tint or other I am not the expert.. it does have the oily film to it but you are correct it is not as good as the HBB or Paul Picot that just came out.. hopefully more makers will use the factory that did these

what i know is the case set came out after the original piece.. and there are makers who are using the genuine AR factory.. same one that does AR for the genuine

cmpanies.. weather it's AR tint or other I am not the expert.. it does have the oily film to it but you are correct it is not as good as the HBB or Paul Picot that just came out.. hopefully more makers will use the factory that did these

I'd love to see a sample of the good rep AR in person for comparison's sake. From what I have now seen firsthand, there are vast differences between the "genuine" AR coatings that are out there. :)

I'd love to see a sample of the good rep AR in person for comparison's sake. From what I have now seen firsthand, there are vast differences between the "genuine" AR coatings that are out there. :)

no doubt ,.. this is the post on the Paul Picot.......http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65299....... and now I am just speculating .. but this and the HBB rep seem like they are from the same AR maker, this would be the same genuine factory that the genuines use.... there is a vast difference in quality from the other so called Double AR.. i would imagine like any product there are good.. and then there is "top shelf"

Oder one of these and you can have one first hand :lol: