When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got Yachtmaster swiss version

bill brass

I have just looked at bestswiss website and am sorry to say it looks like one of the many sites that sell below par watches for a high price. My advice would be to try and get your money back and use this forum to do lots of resaearch into the model you want to buy and only then take the plunge. Good luck.

Hey everyone, I have a yachtmaster I got from bestswiss.com, they still have it up there now, but the bezel is completely wrong, it clicks too loud and is harsh to turn, does anyone have any advice for fixing it?

Sorry you paid way too much for your Rep there Bill...

Fixing the harsh turn and loud click should be fairly simple, but the exact process depends on the bezel and spring construction.

Typically, you should be able to take the bezel off by pushing the bezel @ 12 toward 6, then using a butterknife to pry up under the lip between 5 & 6.

Fixing the spring depends on how it is made.. if it has a curved end, you can bend it more, if it doesn't you can bend it so it does, or you can re-curve the spring so it has less of a circumference so that it "binds" less, or you can shorten the spring by clipping it...

Putting it all back together is simply installing the spring, setting the bezel @ 12, ensuring the spring is in the groove of the bezel and finally pressing the bezel down @ the bottom till it clicks on.

Good luck.

I'd say it is a scam!

I'd like to know where they cram the extra 6 jewels in the 2892-2! They are all 21 jewel movements.

38H power reserve? That's it? The 2892-2 is rated for 42h power reserve. Maybe the extra 6 jewels are robbing 4 hours of power reserve? hahaha.

Now Stilty...

Surely scammed as in charged $1000 for a $120 rep...

but the rest? That's just ye olde LWL Marketing... that many seem to engage in, for it's perceived advantage.

As to "where they cram the extra jewels", I have a collection of vintage movements that have MANY extra jewels shoved in them, in MANY imaginative ways... my collection was nearing completion, but a recent rare find went "up north" toward a good cause. It was a 41 Jewel version of an ETA 2451... which doesn't exist as far as many references are concerned... yet, it does.

Maybe the lucky new owner will post some pics of it one day...

They claim their movements come from "Orus" which is misspelled...

Oris only produces one version of the ETA 2892-2 that is their Movement 665 for their "Big Date", which obviously isn't in this Yachtie Rep....

Oris 665, base module 14500/ETA 2892A2; dimensions -

@POTR:

Of course there are variations of the 2892-A2 as you mentioned (ETA2895-1 with running seconds at six which is probably what the Oris 665 is based on).

Also the Omega 2500 coaxial escape with 27 jewels, but very unlikely they would use either in a simple date function REP.

@ Bill : Please post pictures of your watch! Enquiring minds would like to see what you have under the hood!