When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Experience with Puretime MBW DRSD?

llsteve80

I have been interested in getting a DRSD for quite some time, and was wondering if I could get some suggestions from members here.

I'm looking at the Puretime DRSD sold on the forum here, but I am not familiar at all with this dealer's products. The watch seems very reasonably priced to me, but as with most vintage models, looks too new.

Is there a review anywhere on this particular watch?

Or does anyone have any recommendations for other DRSD's in the same price range?

This watch is a 'copy' of the MBW.. its not an authentic MBW just to be clear. Its supposed to have the correct case thickness BUT im not sure if anyone here has seen one yet to compare it to the real MBW. This copy MBW is a new release... it just came out last month.

I would LOVE to hear any info anyone has on this or if Angus can let us know how exact it is. My only concern is the slightly conical rehaut but im very picky and to most people it probably doesnt matter. I would also like to know if it will accept gen parts like the MBW... crystal, tube etc.

cheers

dizz

I am not much into the MBW-stuff, but consider to buy one if they come down in price.

Wonder about the new DRSD which appeared at silix' page some weeks ago, 170 USD, with ETA.. Is that the same watch as Angus/Josh advertise as MBW????

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1910

It has the same slightly conical rehaut, but the crown guards and other stuff look good, at least to my untrained eyes...

Someone has to have bought one by now.

I can't really tell if its conical, I never can with these pics. I thought my sub was wokky in the pics, and when I got it, it looked fine.

Ive found that if you take pictures with the camera too close to the watch, you will get the illusion of a conical rehaut for some reason. This could be the case (no pun intended) ;)

I've been asking the same thing for awhile, I asked Angus to post a picture of the watch from the front, but he stated he did not actually have the watch at the time. The potential Wokky Rehaut is the only thing stopping me from purchasing this thing. I like the fact that the case is the correct thickness, but the WOK looks out of control. :lol: Not sure if it is the angle plus the domed crystal. Maybe Angus can donate one for a review to B-T and if it's in there, PT will be my new best friend!