When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Moscow Store Collection"

Victoria

I recently asked what the Russian rep watch scene was like, you might recall. Not receiving an answer, I went in search of info myself.

Here's one Russian Federation site, which offers loads of rep watches, the *Moscow Store Collection:

http://www.moscowstore.com/index.php?osCsi...2683fbcebb60c52

This is NOT an authorised forum site, so please be careful. I just thought you might be interested in the site. Speaking of which, it has a strangely Chinese look and feel, don't you think? Or maybe they all use the same template. And don't look now, but it does offer some A. Lange watches, which Emmzy and others have or want:

http://www.moscowstore.com/index.php?cPath...2683fbcebb60c52

But in fact, it's not properly a rep watch site, but offers a stunning array of old Russian Empire goods, like Baltic amber and Gzhel pottery, the latter of which has been around for 700 years. Check them out:

Antique And Vintage

Baltic Amber

Baume & Mercier

Birch Bark Crafts

Decorative Eggs

Enamel Jewelry

Flasks And Lighters

Fridge Magnets

Gemstone Jewelry

Glass Figurines

Gzhel Pottery

Handcrafted Dolls

Laser-Etched Crystals

Majolica Art

Miscellaneous

Nesting Dolls

Pearl Brooches

REPLICA BAZAAR

Replica Watches

Russian Shawls

Cashmere Shawls

Pavlov Posad

Russian Watches

X-mas Gifts

You haven't lived until you've owned a Matryoska (Russian nesting doll) in the form of the Fightin' Irish of Notre Dame. Where's Touchdown Jesus?

rus9117wx5.jpg

I like the site for the kitschiness. Not too sure I'd run out to buy their Panerai though. :o

rus9982wo8.jpg

rus9818ru6.jpg

Poor Russkies. Now I know why they would be crazy about the Gaytonas. :p

*EDIT -- NOTE!!

Just remembered Dax' scam list post, and yes, unfortunately the Moscow Store Collection is there. :(

Again, please treat this as a curio, not a site you should buy anything from...

Interesting site.

Some watches there I would be seriously interested in, too bad it isnt on the level.

Why is it that our collectors here dont have some "different" stuff like this"?

( Please dont someone say that it isnt popular, Pams and similar do nothing for me )

thanks Vic for the insight anyway.

Interesting site.

Some watches there I would be seriously interested in, too bad it isnt on the level.

I had the same reaction. Some are godawful, but the variety of godawfulness is rather intriguing!

Just to see what KINDS of A. Lange reps have technically been available, is a handy reference to have.

Why is it that our collectors here dont have some "different" stuff like this"?

Well, because they're reputable. :p

Seriously, they know their clientele by now. The backstreet Guangzhou tschokes would raise some eyebrows here.

It's like buying stereo equipment. Would you rather do so at an audio-only store, or take your chances with Best Buy, who sell anything from fridges to DVDs to popcorn makers?

( Please dont someone say that it isnt popular, Pams and similar do nothing for me )

It's an interesting point, though. Even Jay doesn't offer these in his reapie-cheapie watchsilix.site.

thanks Vic for the insight anyway.

Much appreciated, Rodwc!

I like the 1960s style of this watch... if they took off the Panerai labeling they would probably sell many of these...

Hmm. The Urinator doesn't do anything for me, Corgi. :p

But you kinda dance on my original question -- of how the rep watch scene is in Russia? If the motivation is there to own a rep, etc.

Just who are you going to impress in Russia, with a Panerai, Lange, etc.? The people who are in the know, know your watch is fake. Worse, because money is so fresh and ABUNDANT in Moscow, amongst that set of people you will be outted immediately as a poseur.

It's like wearing a rep PAM at a restaurant near the Beverly Hills Panerai boutique. Potential embarrassment factor = 100%.

EDIT: I have a post on old Russian Imperial watches I was working on, before my Dell HD kicked the bucket. I'll have to re-download all my pics, and re-type everything, so it won't be as nice. Coming soon though. :)

Moscow Store is interesting, indeed, Victoria, one of my first discoveries and ventures into the world of reps. Maybe 3 years ago, long before I stumbled onto the forums, I ordered a pair of watches from MS, though I can't recall exactly what they were. One was an ALS, I know that, but don't recall the other. Whatever, both watches LOOKED splendid in the photos, and the descriptions were equally alluring. So I ordered 2, each about $130 or so, somewhere in there, plus about $30 for shipping. I waited and waited and finally about 6 weeks later I received the package, 2 watches wrapped in straw. Yes, straw. They were hideous cubed. The ALS was about the size of a PAM and had this yellow-greenish cast (think the color of liver bile) to the dial. And it was quartz, even though the description specified automatic. The other one (damn, I wish I could remember what it was; maybe a JLC?) was even worse. Also quartz. I mean, positively grotesque. Sub-Canal Street. So I emailed them, saying that neither watch was what I had ordered, and that neither was even remotely like the posted photos and description. No problem, they emailed back, just return them for a refund. So I did, and waited. And waited. And, lo, finally after another 6 weeks, there was the refund posted right there on my online VISA statement. So all this little misadventure ended up costing me was about $50 for the shipping double header. But the watches, out of the box and first-time in hand, were enough to induce apoplexy.

So. There you go. You might want to try some faux Russian Orthodox icons, or Notre Dame bobbleheads. But pass on the watches.

So. There you go. You might want to try some faux Russian Orthodox icons, or Notre Dame bobbleheads. But pass on the watches.

Doug, thanks for the info. You are an encyclopaedia of these types of sites!

I often wondered what sites we bought from, before finding RWG (good thread idea maybe -- why not post it?).

Personally, what concerned me more was thinking of 'Russian' and 'scam' together: automatically, I think phishing site, rather than bad goods. I wouldn't trust them with my VISA info, at all, so alas no majolica pottery or matryoska dolls for me.

Anyway, I hate the Fighting Irish. GO ACC! ^_^

@Jens: Thanks for the info!

Hi,

maybe a bit off-topic; but you will never ever find good reps from Russia unless you have very good contacts.

They do produce reps, or more correct clones, perfect ones that are beeing sold as gens complete with papers and everything in place.

Remember that this country is loaded with very high skilled people formerly employed by the authorities, now by someone else.............they have experts in all kind of high level faking.

They can (and do) fake everything that brings good money - official documents, id's, historical art, ..........you name it - at a level you thought was impossible.

In the former Soviet days their watch industry produced some interresting movements, some of them licenced or stolen from various western companies; these can be bought for very reasonable prices at ebay (e.g. Vostok 'Precision' chronometer for a few $).

Ahhhh, Victoria. My profound sympathies. A bad bowl year for ACC fans. V-Tech got hammered by Kansas, Virginia blew a sure win in the last 2 minutes, Florida State lost half their team to a cheating scandal and then a bowl game to Kentucky, Clemson went down, ditto Maryland to Oregon State. Yikes. Only Boston College, which ended up 10th in the final BCS bowl, brought any measure of joy to ACC acolytes. But at least Notre Dame had a sloshing bedban of a year. Even Touchdown Jesus was holding his nose.

Quite a few of the Moscow Store watches can be found for approx. $85 each at cqout.com, my preferred dealer there is Tonyxkf, I've had about 6 perfect transactions with him.

Quite a few of the Moscow Store watches can be found for approx. $85 each at cqout.com, my preferred dealer there is Tonyxkf, I've had about 6 perfect transactions with him.

Yes I've used Tony too, his watches come from Thailand.

Good thing aboutr Moscow is you can buy replicas from shops in the Metro, I picked up a nice Zenith from there which my GF says is her favourite rep of mine.

The shop I went to had no rolexes, but Dunhill, patek, IWC etc. Very nice and less obviously fake all at

• 3 years later...