When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Movement 7751

lanikai

i am wait for the time when my watches will replicated from Joshua :lol:

my german made 42mm case is now replicated from a asian ebay member (he bought a sample from me :black_eye: )

and now see this Alain Silberstein. Funny is that Silberstein bought his parts from same german factory like me. This deployant and bracelet are also on my watches :o

now i

I think the 7751 is based on the 7750 but with a different date arrangement and the addition of a moon phase display.

need to inquire if this is a modified 7750.. or a whole new movement.. if it is a modified what are the drawbacks.. only Ziggy can answer that.. but first things first.. finding out if it is a modification or a "new" asian movement

it has subs at 6-9-12 with calendar ability..

More info: 28800 with "working" regulator.. the regulator on the 7750's is said to be "cosmetic" and non functioning... this would be the first 28800 asian movement with a functional regulator

I think that this mvt appeard already a couple of months ago (6?!) in some Breitling replicas...

the first version of the 7751 in the Montbrilliant Breitling is a 21600 bph

the new version has the same functions as the genuine swiss 7751

recapping: new release 7751 movement (same functions as the genuine swiss7751)

subs @ 6-9-12 with calendar capability

functioning regulator... 7750's have cosmetic regulator

28800 bhp

:stupid: Okay....I forgot the IWC has a glass caseback...nevermind, I'm an idiot!

Well, actually you mixed things up a little bit ;) Regulator that this new 7751 supposedly have working is part of movement that enables fine regulation of movement (as opposed to non-fine regulation you can do on A7750 where you have to work directly on balance spring). On the other hand regulateur watch is type of watch that have specific hands arrangement - there is minute hand in center, and hour/seconds hands are in subdials off-center:

regdial1.jpg

Hope that helps

Z3....I didn't elaborate enough in my post. The reason I said it was stupid to think of putting the 7751 in the IWC is because it's an automatic movement with a rotor...it looks nothing like the hand wind movement in the IWC, therefore it would look very wrong behind all that glass! :doh:

Z3....I didn't elaborate enough in my post. The reason I said it was stupid to think of putting the 7751 in the IWC is because it's an automatic movement with a rotor...it looks nothing like the hand wind movement in the IWC, therefore it would look very wrong behind all that glass! :doh:

Has someone independenly verified that the new 7751 has a real, working moonphase? That would make dozens of new reps possible!!

This is supposedly (until verified) the first Asian copy of the Swiss 7751.. I am saying Asian on an assumption.. it has all the same funtions of the genuine swiss 7751,.. I asked if this was a movement that has been modified.. it is not .. it is a 7751..

It's initial realease is in the Alain Siberstein replication.

does anyone want to go for the first generation of this movement though?

I don't think it's a big step in any direction for this "new" movement.

The Breitling Bently already has the date function with two wheels in the "12" position, making this into a 7751 with the date and month is only a matter of gearing. As for the moon phase, all that consists of is a new gear with the moon painted on it, driven by the center hour wheel, not a big modification.

They have already turned the Asian 7750 into a quazi 7753, made it into a running seconds at 6 model, then into a running seconds at 3 model, then into a GMT model, and a non chrono on some models, so I see this as simply a continuous change to the already proven Asian 7750.

Turning this movement into a 7751 is far less intensive than the other mods they have already done, so I don't think it's breaking new ground, nor is it going to have running or reliability issues. Although I don't like the watch it's installed in, I think they are ugly.

RG

:D

This is supposedly (until verified) the first Asian copy of the Swiss 7751.. I am saying Asian on an assumption.. it has all the same funtions of the genuine swiss 7751,.. I asked if this was a movement that has been modified.. it is not .. it is a 7751..

It's initial realease is in the Alain Siberstein replication.

does anyone want to go for the first generation of this movement though?

Not me, at least not until Dr. The Zigmeister has had his hands on it.... :D

if this one is done as well as the new "seconds at 3" 7750 in the breitling big date, it will be a winner.

• 1 month later...
I don't think it's a big step in any direction for this "new" movement.

The Breitling Bently already has the date function with two wheels in the "12" position, making this into a 7751 with the date and month is only a matter of gearing. As for the moon phase, all that consists of is a new gear with the moon painted on it, driven by the center hour wheel, not a big modification.

They have already turned the Asian 7750 into a quazi 7753, made it into a running seconds at 6 model, then into a running seconds at 3 model, then into a GMT model, and a non chrono on some models, so I see this as simply a continuous change to the already proven Asian 7750.

Turning this movement into a 7751 is far less intensive than the other mods they have already done, so I don't think it's breaking new ground, nor is it going to have running or reliability issues. Although I don't like the watch it's installed in, I think they are ugly.

RG

Ziggy, doesnt the genuine looking regulator suggest this is a new movement...or do you think this is just another add on to the usual 7750 base? If it is, that in itself would be an improvement.