When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SwissExpert DOT net and the Super Rep

eddiesham

Hi Guys,

I posed a question yesterday about what exactly was a super rep and got some varied responses. I did search on the board and it seems that as far as Panerai goes, there aren't many Super Rep's out there, at least none discussed on this forum.

I then performed some searching on the internet and found a company called SwissExpert.net who claims to have perfect replica's (don't they all). Well one thing that caught my eye was first of all the price, they're selling their reps for 850 a piece with a 30% discount on the 2nd watch, I guess this gives you an idea on the mark-up. Furthermore they offer a 10 day money back guarantee. Lastly the 1950 I was looking for is there and seems pretty darn nice.

So the question I have, having looked at their site, has anyone done business with them? Also, I noticed in their advertisement of the 1950 that it didn't have the canon pinion fix, but I'm not sure from the photos I've seen of a 1950 (PAM 127) if it indeed has a recessed canon pinion... Help, should I just go with Angus or DSN for my PAM 127 or try the super rep route with someone who's charging nearly double? Any feedback is definitely appreciated!

Best,

Eddie

Hello eddy,

super rep the word by itself is the problem

in my opinion there s no super rep 127 out of the box, they all have flaws.

its your decision to live with this or that flaw

but if you go with "swissexp..." think you get more flaws than you will get by DSN or Angus

and both have good reputations

cheers helmut

_P6N1158.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation Helmut. I originally tried DSN but he's out of stock with no indication as to when he'll get more in. I then contacted Angus and he's got a fully modded 127 but the problem there is that it only has the Asian movement and for some reason I am associating Asian movements versus the Swiss ETA movements as a bad thing, like I'll end up with a movement that'll last a year or two at best. What would be ideal is to get a rep from one of the good dealers like DSN or Angus but with a high quality movement, something that I could take comfort in knowing that it will work 5 years on...At least I'd get that if I bought a Seiko :D

Best,

Eddie

go with the recommended dealers on the fora but read the dealersreviews first m8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, before ordering anything. It can safe you a lot of trouble and annoyance...( believe me, I know)

850??? I will sell you mine for 799 ;)

Angus and Davidsen are well known to all repveterans and will get you what you want without all kinds of adoo afterwards, they are known for the best service and quality

From a reliable sourche and a vet in reps I heard that the asian etacopies are 99%as good as the swiss eta, but maybe you can ask tourby or The Zigmeister about that...

Good luck

@Helmut, amazing shot bro.....love it

Edited by capice

I made the mistake of getting burned by those asswipes before finding this place. Steer clear.

If you want a pretty-close-to-accurate copy of a PAM, go to any of the "collectors' (dealers) on this board and get a high-cannon pin 005. They're simple enough to be relatively accurately replicated.

Visited this website and also their other web site that sells cheaper (Japanese) Versions? ---- is their really Jap reps out there!

I thought their labor force cost twice than the US???? What do I know???? :(:bicycle: Im 'tupid!!!!

These look like another re-encarnation of those Swiss Replica Scam sites!!!!

Buyer beware!

Very Slick web sites, though! Nicely Done! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:bangin::black_eye:

Check TTK! He might have something for you!

Edited by HikeUSA

Thank you all for the very informative feedback! I'll be steering clear of the SwissExpert.net folks from now on, although I must agree that the site is well put together :). I think I'll go back to Angus and see about that 127 he's offering fully modded. If that works out, I might check out upgrading it with an authentic 6497-2 movement, unless there is a better movement to use?

Best,

Eddie

Hi Guys,

I posed a question yesterday about what exactly was a super rep and got some varied responses. I did search on the board and it seems that as far as Panerai goes, there aren't many Super Rep's out there, at least none discussed on this forum.

I then performed some searching on the internet and found a company called SwissExpert.net who claims to have perfect replica's (don't they all). Well one thing that caught my eye was first of all the price, they're selling their reps for 850 a piece with a 30% discount on the 2nd watch, I guess this gives you an idea on the mark-up. Furthermore they offer a 10 day money back guarantee. Lastly the 1950 I was looking for is there and seems pretty darn nice.

So the question I have, having looked at their site, has anyone done business with them? Also, I noticed in their advertisement of the 1950 that it didn't have the canon pinion fix, but I'm not sure from the photos I've seen of a 1950 (PAM 127) if it indeed has a recessed canon pinion... Help, should I just go with Angus or DSN for my PAM 127 or try the super rep route with someone who's charging nearly double? Any feedback is definitely appreciated!

Best,

Eddie

Hi,

I don't know your expertise in watches and movements.

Mine is equal to an amateur 4th division level.

But my watch restorer is adamant in saying that,contemporary china made movements,are ( in his words) " winding" better than many supposedly superior swiss made ones.

As for 6497 movements,he says, that they are very good ultra reliable workhorse machines,and are a breeze to restore even if they are damaged to a certain point.

He says that 6497 and all the similar breed of movements ,are an apprentice watchmaker's, first day in school course.

Thank you all for the very informative feedback! I'll be steering clear of the SwissExpert.net folks from now on, although I must agree that the site is well put together :). I think I'll go back to Angus and see about that 127 he's offering fully modded. If that works out, I might check out upgrading it with an authentic 6497-2 movement, unless there is a better movement to use?

Best,

Eddie

6497-2s are very hard to source and quite expensive if you do happen to find one. vaccum has done a review of the new, high-beat Asian 6497s and stated that he sees this as a rock solid movement. It emulates the higher beat and longer power reserve of the 6497-2, also. So, a new Asian 6497 would be my choice (that's what is already coming in Angus' Fiddy). If you want some extra assurance, you could have it serviced straight away.

I have one of DSN's Asian 6497s in my 47mm Cali dial Rad and the power reserve is within 5 minutes of the reserve on my gen PAM210 (57.5 hours).

Again, I would go with the new Asian movement, personally. I even prefer it to the Swiss movements for Luminor Marina reps (seconds hand complication) as the sweep of the seconds hand will be more accurate (I'm just being picky at this point).

Hi,

I don't know your expertise in watches and movements.

Mine is equal to an amateur 4th division level.

But my watch restorer is adamant in saying that,contemporary china made movements,are ( in his words) " winding" better than many supposedly superior swiss made ones.

As for 6497 movements,he says, that they are very good ultra reliable workhorse machines,and are a breeze to restore even if they are damaged to a certain point.

He says that 6497 and all the similar breed of movements ,are an apprentice watchmaker's, first day in school course.

No offense, but I don't think I'd be going to that watchmaker...

No offense, but I don't think I'd be going to that watchmaker...

I can "see" your point,but he is a mender.He is able to cure a sick watch,and I 've seen DEAD and gone thingies, in his hands, getting new life.

Most of all he has no gains in telling me that a movement is cheap and dirty or gen,since I am not buying watches from him,because he is not selling.

His attitude is pure pro and he is charging peanuts for his services.

My knowledge in movement things are ZERO, as far as mechanics are the subject,therefore I have to rely on what he says. If he gets it wrong ,then I say wrong too. That simple :rolleyes: