When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy... Massive Reductions...!

Guest TTK

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patience folks... If you'd done your research, you'd know that this is how it works with TTK. The upside is that you are guaranteed delivery and each piece was looked over (instead of dropshipped). Waiting a bit longer is a small price to pay for service like that, IMO.

SR

OMG.... but the money was sure quickly pulled out eh m8?

TTK,

Picked mine up at the post office today. Looks great.

Only problem is that when I shake the watch the movement is very noisey. Sounds like a creaky old bicycle wheel. I have had other reps and they were all very quiet and smooth, even my cheap ones I bought on Canal Street for $50. Not sure if they all do this, guess I can live with it, but a little dissapointing.

Now the wife wants one with diamonds. Any suggestions for a nice one for the wife are welcome.

Thanks,

dino13

Edited by Dude

Only problem is that when I shake the watch the movement is very noisey.

Well...don't shake it then....no problem..it's designed to tell the time...not act as a baby rattle......:D

Edited by TTK

I got mine today. Thanks "Ole Bull" in Thailand. You know your watches as well as the violin! ;)

A couple of quick pictures:

TTK_0208.jpg

Nice package! :)

Comparison with the "Super" Sea-Dweller.

TTK_SUBSD2-1.jpg

The "frontal rehaut" as By-Thor calls it, is much more prominent on the Noob. Also, the etched crown on the crystal is more subtle. The crown on the Noob is thicker.

The bracelet on the Noob has very sharp edges. The SSD bracelet feels much smoother and refined, as one can expect from a watch which cost more than the double of the Noob.

TTK_SUBSD.jpg

Different case styles and crystal height of the SSD vs the Noob.

Since I have a Two-tone 16613 at the moment, they gather for a family photo. :)

TTK_SUBTT_SUBSD.jpg

The two-tone is for a friend. It is still in plastic since he is considering to return it due to the misaligned date-magnifier.

Hey CHRGOD,

Did you look at the hologram sticker on the back? I bought the same SS black noob and mine says "16610LV". Isn't the LV for the green bezel version? What does yours say? Is this a boo boo?

Thanks

PS. I absolutely love the watch. Where did you get the TT? Is it worth buying?

Edited by Dude

I just received mine the other day. And it is a very nice looking watch. I was wondering the same thing as Dude.. I thought LV was for the 50th anniversary green bezel version. I was wondering TTK, I have a link that the screw is broken in the link and I cant remove the link to resize it. Is there anything you can do about this?

Guest pamfried

Received the black sub the other day. Beautiful watch.

Was for a buddy's birthday gift.

Went with him to size the bracelet at a regular watch shop where they sell Gen Rolexes and other low and high end stuff.

The old gentleman asks why we don't bring it to the Rolex AD located just down the street to get it done. He proceeded to make the adjustments slowly continuously telling us he is doing it so slowly cos its a brand new watch and he doesn't want to scratch it. :)

Thanks Neil for the perfect sub. Let me know about the Pam GB. Non-Gold!! LOL!!

Cheers!!