When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche Design Flat 6 Chrono from Joshua

Mickey Padge

Just received a delivery from Perfect-Clones and I have to say thank you very much Joshua! ^_^

I ordered a black dial Porsche Design Flat 6 Chrono and what a sweet watch it is! One of the best "out of the box" experience I have ever had purchasing a replica. I looked it over for faults or blemishes etc.... and found none! Perfect.......

The dial is actually more of a gun metal black, rather than a deep black. I really like it! The date font looks great and lines up really well. The movement is a fully decorated Asian 7750, with engraved rotor. Double AR is present, but a very subtle light blue, not a deep blue like the Evo or SFSO. The dial does "pop" out at you though, overall I think th AR is very good and from what I hear close to the gen.

EDIT: Closer inspection reveals single sided AR......

Adjusting the bracelet is a bit tricky, you have to cut the rubber strap to fit your wrist. Scary stuff indeed if you screw it up, but I just went with the less is more approach, thinking that if I cut too little off, it's better than cutting too much! :p

It is very comfortable on the wrist and quite unlike any other watch I own, I am very glad I decided to add it to my collection.

Here are some pictures!

dsc00744bc7.th.jpgdsc00745vt0.th.jpgdsc00746ac1.th.jpg

dsc00747eq7.th.jpgdsc00757nm6.th.jpgdsc00758wu3.th.jpg

Cheers! :D

Edited by Mickey Padge

Great watch.... congratulations. I've got the same one coming... can't wait.

Thanks man. You will not be disapointed, it is one of the best replicas I have ever purchased. It seems to be overlooked on these rep boards though for some reason. Maybe its brand does not carry the same weight as others?

Now its found my wrist, it will be difficult to put something else on! ^_^

Very cool design...Considering one...What is your wrist size?

About 6.5", fits very well too and does not look to large due to the lack of conventional lugs on the watch. I have left the rubber strap maybe one notch larger than it should be, but it still fits and sits well. If I cut it down one more size and it then grips my wrist too tight there would be no going back........

Great looking piece -- I'm contemplating the red dial...

I was contemplating the two other dial colours, but in the end the silver subdial colour the "black" version has swung it for me, I think it matches the silver numeral and hour markers better, giving the watch a better dial composition.

Thats only my opinion though :DB)

Edited by Mickey Padge

Took a risk and cut another strip out of the rubber strap................

The watch now hugs my wrist perfectly! ^_^

I should add that the quality construction of this rep is outstanding B)

The clasp is very well finished too, as is every part of the watch. The more I look at it, the more I realize this to be true.....

A really cool watch, thanks for the pics!

I find myself liking it more and more each time I see a picture of it. Just have to consider either the Porsche or the IWC Aquatimer on bracelet. :)

How do you find the datefont? I understand it has a custom made day and datefont?

A really cool watch, thanks for the pics!

I find myself liking it more and more each time I see a picture of it. Just have to consider either the Porsche or the IWC Aquatimer on bracelet. :)

How do you find the datefont? I understand it has a custom made day and datefont?

I flicked through the day/date wheel to check them out, and they were all centered, bang on the money. The print is bold and clear, it is a really neat part of the watch and as far as I know, it is the first rep I have seen where they have done this.

I am trying to find some fault with the watch, but I just can't. I really don't think I have had such a satisfactory purchase before. There is nothing that needs updating, or changing, like with some of the other reps out there, brilliant B)

I have not seen an Aquatimer in person, but I have seen the other original IWC version and the QC is nowhere near the same standard. The Aquatimer lume application also springs to mind, messy in most cases. There are no such issues with this watch...........

congrats MP.. i agree i could not find fault in thei replication... because it is not a brand name it is not sought after I guess.. but if wvery rep was made to this standard..

notice the tire tread on the inside of the strap ? the side of the case resembles the pistons.. the subdials either resemble a race track or the part that moves the pistons with the cam ??

here's some added info..... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=64962

my grey dial flat 6 post-2172-1200525085_thumb.jpg

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

congrats MP.. i agree i could not find fault in thei replication... because it is not a brand name it is not sought after I guess.. but if wvery rep was made to this standard..

notice the tire tread on the inside of the strap ? the side of the case resembles the pistons.. the subdials either resemble a race track or the part that moves the pistons with the cam ??

here's some added info..... http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=64962

my grey dial flat 6 post-2172-1200525085_thumb.jpg

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

It's a watch that certainly has lots of cool features, one of a kind. Do you know what factory produces it? I would love to know what other watches they are working on, as you say, it has a well above average finish in all areas ^_^

It's a watch that certainly has lots of cool features, one of a kind. Do you know what factory produces it? I would love to know what other watches they are working on, as you say, it has a well above average finish in all areas ^_^

Porsche Flat 6; SSD; Aquaracer; Ferrari..... same.....one of the "Big Three" nuff said

oh and the soon to be released .."Graham Chronofighter".. add that one to this makers resume..

After looking at the back of the case, it seems even the display back has single sided AR! All reflections have the same purple tint the main crystal has! B)

EDIT: Maybe is doesn't actually. At work there was a purple tint, at home there is not. It was just a trick of the light at work :p

Edited by Mickey Padge

After looking at the back of the case, it seems even the display back has single sided AR! All reflections have the same purple tint the main crystal has! B)

Mickey, have you played with the chrono function? How are they?

• 6 months later...