When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

seagull

dadog13

These guys aren't joking...their mvt making is becoming quiet impressive...not that it wasn't until now, but a double tourby...WOW!

I wonder what will be the price of this one...I have a feeling that this guys could do any kind of movements for our reps...hopefully, they will...

I like soo many watches that currently cannot be repped due to the limits of the movement we have as options...

2es11sl8080dk2.jpg

what dou you think of this one? about the company? about their possibilities?

i just love seagull.. i am very eager to buy one of their 360 tourbillons. This one looks quite impressive! How can they produce such an expensive complication (tourbi) and sell at such low prices (500$range) ?

I just love the chinese, they are amazing :)

i just love seagull.. i am very eager to buy one of their 360 tourbillons. This one looks quite impressive! How can they produce such an expensive complication (tourbi) and sell at such low prices (500$range) ?

I just love the chinese, they are amazing :)

I don't know the price of this, but it should be a couple of thousands $...

a couple... slightly more...

180.000 Yen = 16.800 euro = 24.900 dollar

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

silly me, i tought that the chines wouldn't set a high price for this one...but considering it's a double tourby that price is still like 1/10 of the same swiss movement powered watch...like this one in the pic (not that a seagull can be compared to Breguet - but still this is a double tourby that came to my mind and not that there are plenty of them)

5347-double_tourbillon.jpg

They have the right idea introducing that center axis Tourbillon, because the majority of high end models use exactly that setup. Only Blancpain and a few other obscure marques shy away from that design, so it will be interesting to see how the manufacturers incorporate this new technology into our world. More than likely, if the first tourbillon was any development, the process will be experimental with much failure at the beginning but eventual triumph that will have a direct impact upon our community.

On the website of Seagull i also saw some minute repeaters!! It's sooooo great what these guys are pulling off... spectaculair!! This will bring a big impact to the swiss watch industry! Years after they overcome the quartz revolution that was lead by the asian friends... now they have to figure out what to do with serious high end watches from the far east.

:clap: respect for China!!!!

Wow. Thanks for the pics. Perhaps there will be a tourbillon in my future. I would settle for a single though. :lol:

I guarantee watches like this are why the Swiss rushed to change the "Swiss Made" rules---they know how patriotic large corporations are and were worried that there'd be a seagull in every mass produced hiigh end "swiss-made" watch.