When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen crown and tube

kevin300z

'New style' 6mm generic Swiss-made tube for above ($6/ea) = ofrei

The correct tube for the 703 triplock crown is 24-7030-0. The 6mm tube is for the Datejust 6mm crown. You can find aftermarket tubes at Clark Watch supply and Helfands, moelarrycu- Mark Greenberg sells the gen tubes on ebay for around $46. Here's Clark's tube- delicate but good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Case-tube-Ref-24-7030-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item # 300165713453 on ebay

Delicate because you have to tap the hole all the way and install it carefully, or you'll snap it off.

An oops for me too. You are right, Alligoat. My mistake. I was thinking Twinlock, not Triplock. Mark has the correct tubes (as does Cousinsuk.com and other ebay dealers). I did get mine from Ofrei, but I cannot find them on their site, so either they do not stock them anymore or you have to inquire by phone.

Sorry.

Thank guys for the help. I just ordered a wm9 sub as they are on sale. I read through another post of a wm9 owner and here is the list of mods he said needed to be done, if I there are any discrepencies please jump in.

What this watch will need -

NEW crystal

Thin bezel insert to give crystal a little more height and replace pearl

Thin Crown Guards

Replace Crown & tube with Gen

NEW bracelet

Re-Lume watch

Should I get a noob bracelet and if so who sells it?

I'm going to send this off to The Zigmeister as he's da man!

New crystal?? That's not necessarily an easy deal- do you buy a gen, or a rep crystal? Need the gasket also. I hadn't heard about a WM9 needing a new crystal.

The other stuff is standard. Noob bracelet, I don't know of anyone who sells them separately, guess you could buy a Noob or a Beginmariner and use the bracelet.