When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who can repair a 7750 with running 6?

maxmsu

:huh:

right after I installed ARed crystal on my ingy chrono (7750 running 6) 2 days after, it stopped... my worst nightmare became reality.

my question is that in the states, who can fix that?? I can't contact The Zigmeister (PM not working)... anyone else has the capability>?

Thanks!

:huh:

right after I installed ARed crystal on my ingy chrono (7750 running 6) 2 days after, it stopped... my worst nightmare became reality.

my question is that in the states, who can fix that?? I can't contact The Zigmeister (PM not working)... anyone else has the capability>?

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that! Is it new? I'll try and return it to the dealer......I have been very lucky with Joshua....he always takes my problematic once and repair them for free...

You just have to suffer the agony of shipping it back to China......and then the waiting....................ohhhhhhh the wait, but it always comes back!!! My fingers are crossed!!!

Theres no "fix" for the current sec@6. Its just a poorly designed and built conversion. You can prob get it serviced and it may run for a while but its a gamble. You can also freeze the second hand and take out the extra running gears. That may be a solution.

dizz

Is there already a 'how to' available on how to remove the extra running gears from the 9 to the 6?

I have a problem with a Portuguese with the 6. I can get the movement out, get the hand, dial removed, but what then? Just start unscrewing? :)

?? Thanks in advance!

there is someone who did take out the extra gears and put pics for the procedure. but I would not try it myself - my confidence is not that high.

however, I had mine done professionally and it's been been reliable since. undergoing double AR right now. PR is akso improved.

Edited by Glitch

Is there already a 'how to' available on how to remove the extra running gears from the 9 to the 6?

I have a problem with a Portuguese with the 6. I can get the movement out, get the hand, dial removed, but what then? Just start unscrewing? :)

After removing the dial & hands, there will be a pair of plates (with the extra gearing sandwiched between them) that are held together by 3 screws. Removing the screws & the top plate will reveal some of the extra running gears. Remove the white gear to the immediate right of the secs at 6 gear & carefully apply a dab of cement to either the bottom face of the gear or across 1 or 2 of its arms so the cement 'bridges' the top of the gear to 'freeze' the bronze colored secs at 6 gear (I would recommend finger nail polish so it can be removed later, if needed). Or you can just remove the secs at 6 gear altogether & cement the subdial hand directly to the dial. The appearance of the dial (from the outside) will be the same either way since all you normally see is the subdial hand.

freeze7750.jpg

Note that having a frozen (non-functioning) second hand will, in my opinion, turn your rep into a doorstop, at least as far as visual accuracy goes. The watch will still run & keep time, but since the second hand will remain motionless, it will no longer function or behave like the gen watch it is supposed to replicate (with running seconds at 6). I know that Ziggy recommends & often performs this mod on otherwise dead movements, but I do not really see how having a 'frozen' second hand is any better than having a frozen (dead) watch, unless you are solely interested in keeping time & do not mind wearing a watch that is an obvious 'fake'.

Note that having a frozen (non-functioning) second hand will, in my opinion, turn your rep into a doorstop, at least as far as visual accuracy goes. The watch will still run & keep time, but since the second hand will remain motionless, it will no longer function or behave like the gen watch it is supposed to replicate (with running seconds at 6). I know that The Zigmeister recommends & often performs this mod on otherwise dead movements, but I do not really see how having a 'frozen' second hand is any better than having a frozen (dead) watch, unless you are solely interested in keeping time & do not mind wearing a watch that is an obvious 'fake'.

Wooo Freddy,

thanks for your great post!!! This will help for sure. Specially also for your practical solutions on the nail polish. Never thought i would be using that for real! :lol:

This will freez the seconcs @ 6. Does this also aid to the low powerreserve. I always thought (but i am not too technical and not yet experienced enough), that some of the gears also needed to be taken out of the movement, so that the movement needs less energy on driving those gears.

Question: do we also need to remove some gears, or will freezing the gears be enough, to also get the powerreserve back and making the watch run better again?

But if i read between the lines, you would suggest servicing the watch, so hopefully it will have a powerreserve again after the extra 5 gears will move more smoothly. With the advantage of having a watch looking like a gen. And accept the lower life expectancy of the core movement?

So here my question, will servicing solve the problem?

Cheers,

Hooky