When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SSD arrived, so what's next? (updated with 10 pics)

kenofstephen

Did you finish high school? How to resize... LOL :p

With a fitting screwdriver, carefully

Oiling with WD 40 or baby oil whatever... it is not really necessary

You could wear it, too.

sorry for my bad english :p

to trim down? to make it shorter? don't know how to say it...

is this guide too advanced for me??

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65712

thanks for the great work, anyway...

To resize a bracelet is a correct term. Dunno what should be wrong with it - but as I don't have a bayerisches Abitur, PZ might know better than me.

However, if you look at the sides of the bracelet, you should see some small screws. Take a small screwdriver and put as many out as it takes to fit your wrist.

Pretty easy.

You could use some gun-oil to clean it and make it smoother - but it is not really necessary.

To resize a bracelet is a correct term. Dunno what should be wrong with it - but as I don't have a bayerisches Abitur, PZ might know better than me.

However, if you look at the sides of the bracelet, you should see some small screws. Take a small screwdriver and put as many out as it takes to fit your wrist.

Pretty easy.

You could use some gun-oil to clean it and make it smoother - but it is not really necessary.

okok, many thanks. :D:lol:

hi friends,

the SSD took 2 days to arrive from Joshua,

and now it is right in front of me on the desk.

but what to do with it?

how to resize it for my wrist?

how to oiling it? etcetc

I have no idea :bleh:

Here ya go kenofstephen....I will give you some useful information....

First....you will need to purchase a precision screwdriver set....maybe you have seen these before....Kmart....about $5.00....

DSC00213.JPG

Then you will need to remove a couple of the links from your bracelet....simply unscrew the screws connecting the link(s) you wish to remove and then re-connect the bracelet after they are removed....

DSC00212.JPG

although many people here are aware of this simple adjustment....they do not do it correctly....

Make sure that you have more links on the 12:00 side of the bracelet than the 6:00 side when you are done....this way the clasp will be centered on your wrist when you are wearing the watch....

many people remove the links from the wrong side of the bracelet and the clasp does not rest directly under the center of the wrist....

All the rep nerds are now examining their watches....

It should look like this if done correctly....

DSC00215.JPG

Finally....you can make a fine tuning adjustment to the size of the bracelet to create the desired tension around your wrist....

Simply take a toothpick or a thumb tac and press on the spring bar in the clasp....there are several holes to choose from to decide what tension you prefer....

DSC00216.JPG

Have fun with your new SSD....it is the best out of the box SD ever!

Edited by Nightstroker

hi nightstroker,

last night I paid US$0.7 to have the bracelet fixed on the street. :p

"Make sure that you have more links on the 12:00 side of the bracelet than the 6:00 side when you are done....this way the clasp will be centered on your wrist when you are wearing the watch...."

yes, the guy had done it right for me :D (7+2 hidden on 12:00 side, 6 on 6:00 side)

Edited by kenofstephen