When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 063 Ziggified

dluddy

Finally, another one done. This one took a while to get to but I just got it back from Rob and the results are fantastic.

It started life as a 2836 based model from Eddie. Ziggy just completed the following work on it:

-Swap in new 2893-2 ETA movement

-DSN hands

-Superlume dial

-Lello Datewheel

-OEM Crown

Here are the pics mounted on my new custom Metta Catharina strap with a sewn in Strapmasters Torpedo buckle. The smell and hsitory of this leather have been discussed at length but.....wow :wub:

pam063oemcrownrz5.jpg

pam0632893postmodsru7.jpg

pam0632893completemodsojk0.jpg

pam063postmodsonmettahc6.jpg

strapmettacatharinawithtd3.jpg

Wow, fantastic!!! Didn't know Davidsen offered hands for this one. Great strap!

neither did I...this is getting interesting...

maybe Z can share more info about how difficult was to make this project come true...

would it be possible to use the whole DSN 063 and just perform the mvt swap?

BTW...you have a beauty there...wear it well!

Davidsen does carry the hands in both sizes - for the 2836 and the 1.8M GMT hand for the 2893.

I think The Zigmeister has already posted that the movement swap was straightforward.

so he does have the hands...

what about DSN dial...would it fit the 2893 movement?

and I have to compare the two dials...the one that came with the rep 2893 and the DSN one...to see in case it matches the 2893 mvt...if it is a good one to put in the project watch...

thanks again

dluddy - Nice watch. I have been inspired by all the nice 063's & 029's to take on a 063 project of my own.

I have a question though- I noticed your GMT hand and your seconds hand looks steel in color. I have seen pictures of Gens wiht both a steel look and a black look to the GMT & seconds hand. The watch I have has a blued GMT and seconds hand.

What is the color on the GMT & seconds hand to a Gen?

Is there more than one version of Gen 063 out there?

Thanks,

jake

dluddy - Nice watch. I have been inspired by all the nice 063's & 029's to take on a 063 project of my own.

I have a question though- I noticed your GMT hand and your seconds hand looks steel in color. I have seen pictures of Gens wiht both a steel look and a black look to the GMT & seconds hand. The watch I have has a blued GMT and seconds hand.

What is the color on the GMT & seconds hand to a Gen?

Is there more than one version of Gen 063 out there?

Thanks,

jake

I thought that might be the case - Here is a good example of the same Gen different lighting -different color to second hand:

271-1.jpg

271-3.jpg

• 1 month later...

So what is the difference between the 2893-2 and the 2836 in it's GMT guise?

Does the GMT hand behave differently between the two movements ? I have read vague comments about the 2893-2 movement jumping the GMT hand in hour increments when setting or when running but could never find anything definitive.

Come on you WIS.....

On the second hands question that has been posed in previous posts, I have seen pcitures of a used Pam063s up for sale that had a matt black seconds hand (and no it was not the lighting) as well as the ones on Paneristi that shows it with a steel one. So unless the ones on Paneriti are pre-release shots of some kind it appears that there were two different variations released.