When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ID Cards

DemonSlayer

Of course, it would more properly be irrespective....

But the well placed, perceived misstep can be used to reveal, unravel, and debone the agents of chaos. You know, those who argue for the sake of argument, because they have nothing else of worth to pursue...

I see that you take no umbrage to the "real meat" of the debate, only the "bait."

I can also point out that "irregardless" is more commonly used by the New England "better educated left wingers with slightly lower grades" than those Mid West "dumb old misunderestimated right wingers with slightly higher grades." My use of the "non-word" is a bit of an obtuse reference for my own amusement, that I admit to, and that almost no one in the general population would otherwise readily recognize.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you take no umbrage to the "real meat" of the debate, only the "bait."

Bait? Call it what you will.

Yes, there are idiots either side. I am in full agreement with you on that. Politics are becoming staid and everyone in power just wants to stay there. I'm getting exceedingly disillusioned by the whole thing and a two-party system just reinforces the futility. You have 8 years, they have 8 years, ad nauseum.

That quote alone was enough for me to realise how stupid the concept of party politics is.

It's a bit different with me. I wasn't born idealistic. I'm realistic. Plus, I'm an historian and I've lived in lots of places and I feel the perspective of time and place inside me.

As such, I can't help but to compare the UK, the US, and Germany (the three countries which I know intimately), to many South American countries, where I've lived.

And to complain about our system compared to theirs has always seemed so laughable, as to be mad. Whatever we call "bad" in our system, they would call paradise.

(Decided to make this into a separate post. The @ replies sometimes seem rude)

In Greece we have ID cards from looooong time ago... nothing positive or negative happened. THey just exist and it is a pain in the ass to get a new one.

BTW I issued a new one this year(I am now 31). My previous one had my details from when I was 14 (when I issued my first one). Photo of me 14 y.o. and height 1.65 (I am now 1.90) :p

See? I told you people must be scratching their heads...when I got my first Green Card, when I was a little girl (I lost it at one point), I think I had to get a new one when I turned 13. The previous one had no photo. I still have that Green Card, with a very youthful-looking me. Feels weird to see that.

The Germans didn't allow me to keep the Personalausweis -- had to turn that in on turning 18 on renouncing my citizenship. :)