When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ar coating 2 crystals $25

walooo

I know the site you're talking about: http://www.getarcoating.com

This is an eyeglass coating that will be an unattractive green color. The eyeglass coatings are far less durable than mine as well, and not nearly as good in performance. My coating is not used in the optometry industry. You get what you pay for. Believe me.

Well, the eyeglasses Ar coating is something probably acceptable (I know what I'm talking about...) :-)

But it's true that the greenish colour might disturb some of us.

And there's one thing which is unique with K2222 : you send him the whole watch, he takes care of the rest. No crystal pop-up issue : for a reasonnable price, not mentionning the high quality, as Chieftang mentions it.

Thanks for the info... I didnt know about the greenish hue as I'm blessed with good vision. I'm sure no one would want to do this on their high end reps, but I think I'll try it on my $30 beater br01 so that I'm not wearing a mirror on my wrist. pix in a couple weeks I suppose.

Oh, I talked to a rep, she said that the single crystal will be $25 maybe ill pop 2x in some walgreen eyeglasses lol.

Edited by walooo

Thanks for the info... I didnt know about the purplish hue as I'm blessed with good vision. I'm sure no one would want to do this on their high end reps, but I think I'll try it on my $30 beater br01 so that I'm not wearing a mirror on my wrist. pix in a couple weeks I suppose.

Oh, I talked to a rep, she said that the single crystal will be $25 maybe ill pop 2x in some walgreen eyeglasses lol.

When you clean smudges off a crystal with this type of coating, take care to always use a micro fiber cloth to avoid scratches over time...

I was looking at this place before I decided to get in on the January Chief run. They are fairly close to my house so I paid the place a visit to look at their coating results. The green is quite hideous and when they told me that is the only one they do I left without any further question. On a somewhat related note, all my Nikon lenses for my DSLR have a purpleish coating but my new Tokina has the green. I have yet to see if there is any difference in cleaning, attracting dust...

I think it is well worth it to stick with Chief.

I know the site you're talking about: http://www.getarcoating.com

This is an eyeglass coating that will be an unattractive green color. The eyeglass coatings are far less durable than mine as well, and not nearly as good in performance. My coating is not used in the optometry industry. You get what you pay for. Believe me.