When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45,5 mm...

lello

I decided to open this thread, hoping somebody will be still interested to this great watch.

I did it, because I just received a PO rep.

After over three years during which I only purchased from our dealers on RWG, I decided to gamble buying from a seller on DHgate.

He was advertising and also showing pictures of the latest ultimate 6th version PO, for just USD 120.

I told him very clearly that if i would get something different than that, I would have refused it and shipped back, asking the refund.

I know, I was looking for troubles and I knew what I was risking... <_< ..., in fact the watch it's much different from that. :angry:

The bad thing is that it has 20mm lugs...

Anyway, before I send it back, I want to show you a couple of pictures, because after I read the Flavor Flav review (in photography section), I noticed that this watch has a very well done dial, where also the Omega logo has the right dimension.

I also have an idea of the possibility to use this logo, to replace the oversized coming with the ultimate rep, but after a little mod to eliminate those wrong wings on feet. (see pic on the bottom)

I'm wondering if this watch I've got, it's just the same old version which also all the other dealers were selling before this last 22mm lugs version.

Would you think it could have sense to keep it just to use the logo?

I would appreciate your opinions guys...

po_1134.jpg.xs.jpg

po_2391.jpg.xs.jpg

logo_po112.jpg.xs.jpg

Edited by lello

How can you be sure to have a refund if sending it back?

Maybe someone wants it, and wants to try if the uPO size-wise is right for him.

On DHgate, you at first make the payment to DH gate, rather than paying the seller.

Then, only after the transaction is completed, with item arrived and accepted by the buyer, they give the money to seller.

You are entitled to open a dispute and get refund (but not shipping cost and import tax that I paid), in case the item was not the same as advertised.

This is why I think I could get refund.

But as I definitely want to get the best PO 45 rep, I was wondering if it is really impossible to find it with the logo at the right size.

If not, I could even decide to sacrifice this watch, only to replace the logo on the good rep I'm going to buy...

Does anyone knows if logo is always oversized on the ultimate version?...

Edited by lello

That's fairly nice PO.

Personally, I'd much rather keep this one, than get the clumsy 45.5mm version.

It's not right to ship a different watch that was advertised, but if you got this for $120, I wouldn't complain too much.

That's fairly nice PO.

Personally, I'd much rather keep this one, than get the clumsy 45.5mm version.

It's not right to ship a different watch that was advertised, but if you got this for $120, I wouldn't complain too much.

Said by you By-Tor, I guess I should follow your suggestion.

However, just to avoid misunderstandings, the one I've got, it is a 45,5mm, but with 20mm lugs and it's not the 42mm version, otherwise, i would have kept anyway.

I didn't mention it so far, but the bracelet on this watch I received, it's totally crappy, as it has empty links and not solid ss...

Consider also that I would buy the 6th generation anyway, because the 20 mm bracelet on this giant, looks quite strange to me.

I'm sure you also noticed that numbers are not exactly the right font, although the dial is very crisp.

It's not the recovering of the $, but just the principle, as I really warned this guy very clearly that I would have sent it back, if it wasn't the same watch displayed and described...

Anyway, I noticed that on your Omega best rep watches review, the UPO 45 you show there, has'n the logo oversized, as it is on Flavor Flav watch, he bought from Joshua...

Can you, or anybody tell me where I could find the UPO 45 with the small logo?

My two cents would be return it. The 45mm PO should have the 22mm lugs. I just received a UPO myself, and wow - what a watch. You really should get the right one... I have half a mind to sell mine and instead of turning it into a franken just buy a used gen instead. I like it that much.

Can you tell me if yours have the logo too large, or if it has it at the right size?

And in case, where did you get it?

Here are the two 6th generation reps shown by By-Tor and Flavor Flav.

As you can see, the second one has the logo oversized... and it was got from Joshua.

2379-7539916.jpg.xs.jpg

143924-16139285.jpg.xs.jpg

Can you tell me if yours have the logo too large, or if it has it at the right size?

And in case, where did you get it?

Here are the two 6th generation reps shown by By-Tor and Flavor Flav.

As you can see, the second one has the logo oversized... and it was got from Joshua.

2379-7539916.jpg.xs.jpg

143924-16139285.jpg.xs.jpg

Mine doesn't have an oversized logo, but it's used with a broken movement so I got it cheap. I was planning on putting a gen dial and 2892-A2 (if possible) in, though. Sorry, I don't know who the original dealer was.

I have this watch. Definitely not a UPO so it won't win an accuracy contest. But it does have a few good qualities. The most notable is what By-Tor said - this one is more comfortable to wear. The UPO case is thicker and the bezel taller. This one hugs the wrist better and fits under a shirt sleeve easier. But the HE valve is too low, the crown is wrong (too narrow) and the lugs are too narrow as well.

I have this watch. Definitely not a UPO so it won't win an accuracy contest. But it does have a few good qualities. The most notable is what By-Tor said - this one is more comfortable to wear. The UPO case is thicker and the bezel taller. This one hugs the wrist better and fits under a shirt sleeve easier. But the HE valve is too low, the crown is wrong (too narrow) and the lugs are too narrow as well.

The watch I've got, it's 15mm thick, so I don't think it's thinner than the UPO.

Maybe the one you have it's less than this...

This has the Asian 21J inside, maybe this is why it's thicker.

I am personally on my 3rd UPO because I just can't get enough of this awesome watch. I have also spent way too much time in ADs in multiple cities and think I know the watch quite well by now. What is surprising me here is that nobody has said anything about the pearl in lello's watch. The pearl is the exact same one that is on the Silix version and not only is it awful but it is a dead giveaway! As for the logo, have 3 silix dials and am working on the logo mod as we speak. Here is what I have seen, Andrew and Precious Time and Angus all have the same watch with wrong logo but decent pearl after a little work on the glass. Andrew and Precious have the casebacks that are not like the first release of the 5th gen UPO but Angus' case back is actually very nice (nice background texture and smooth edges that don't cut into the wrist). Jay and Angela can still sell the dials with the correct logo for $25 plus shipping and Jay wanted me to spread the word that they are still available.

I am far from an expert, but I am obsessed with this watch and would definitely stick with the aforementioned vendors and stay away from the awful pearl that looks like it is slapped on the insert.

I decided to open this thread, hoping somebody will be still interested to this great watch.

I did it, because I just received a PO rep.

After over three years during which I only purchased from our dealers on RWG, I decided to gamble buying from a seller on DHgate.

He was advertising and also showing pictures of the latest ultimate 6th version PO, for just USD 120.

I told him very clearly that if i would get something different than that, I would have refused it and shipped back, asking the refund.

I know, I was looking for troubles and I knew what I was risking... <_< ..., in fact the watch it's much different from that. :angry:

The bad thing is that it has 20mm lugs...

Anyway, before I send it back, I want to show you a couple of pictures, because after I read the Flavor Flav review (in photography section), I noticed that this watch has a very well done dial, where also the Omega logo has the right dimension.

I also have an idea of the possibility to use this logo, to replace the oversized coming with the ultimate rep, but after a little mod to eliminate those wrong wings on feet. (see pic on the bottom)

I'm wondering if this watch I've got, it's just the same old version which also all the other dealers were selling before this last 22mm lugs version.

Would you think it could have sense to keep it just to use the logo?

I would appreciate your opinions guys...

po_1134.jpg.xs.jpg

po_2391.jpg.xs.jpg

logo_po112.jpg.xs.jpg

I am personally on my 3rd UPO because I just can't get enough of this awesome watch. I have also spent way too much time in ADs in multiple cities and think I know the watch quite well by now. What is surprising me here is that nobody has said anything about the pearl in lello's watch. The pearl is the exact same one that is on the Silix version and not only is it awful but it is a dead giveaway! As for the logo, have 3 silix dials and am working on the logo mod as we speak. Here is what I have seen, Andrew and Precious Time and Angus all have the same watch with wrong logo but decent pearl after a little work on the glass. Andrew and Precious have the casebacks that are not like the first release of the 5th gen UPO but Angus' case back is actually very nice (nice background texture and smooth edges that don't cut into the wrist). Jay and Angela can still sell the dials with the correct logo for $25 plus shipping and Jay wanted me to spread the word that they are still available.

I am far from an expert, but I am obsessed with this watch and would definitely stick with the aforementioned vendors and stay away from the awful pearl that looks like it is slapped on the insert.

Thank you very much for your precious informations.

I'm also intentioned to get this beauty right, so your tips will be very useful.

Let me study the situation carefully, then I will decide which way to go...

I'm not sure if I will manage to get a refund for the scammy watch though..., the guy already took away the item from his products and is not answering anymore :angry:

But this won't stop me to hold on on this UPO :)

Will let you know...

my friend what did you expect at such a low price ? in my country (Greece) we have a proverb saying : '' cheap meat is only for theh dogs''.....

...my friend, selling a cheap and poor watch, doesn't give you the right to describe it and showing pictures of a much better one.

I also warned this vendor, that I would have sent back it, if different from what advertised...

Now it's a principle for me to get refund.

If I won't, never mind, at least this thread will be useful to suggest you guys, to stay away from DHgate.

This looks more like 2nd gen PO with wrong non curved bracelet, wrong datefont (possibly asian movement too), wrong crystal, wrong He valve position, etc...

In other words, just crap. I am not adding fire into fuel but seriously... How can this be worth 120 USD. Even UPO lite looks sooooooooo much better than this.

This looks more like 2nd gen PO with wrong non curved bracelet, wrong datefont (possibly asian movement too), wrong crystal, wrong He valve position, etc...

In other words, just crap. I am not adding fire into fuel but seriously... How can this be worth 120 USD. Even UPO lite looks sooooooooo much better than this.

I totally agree!

Thanks for the tips.

I love the fact that the logo is the proper shape. For $120, I would keep it for a while.

When I wrote about the right "size" of the logo, I did it because I saw the one bought by Flavor Flav shown on his review, which has a giant logo.

Actually many other reps has the right size and now i just discovered that Silix one has also the right logo shape.

So, the watch i've got, it's a total give away..., noting to be saved there. :(

When I wrote about the right "size" of the logo, I did it because I saw the one bought by Flavor Flav shown on his review, which has a giant logo.

Actually many other reps has the right size and now i just discovered that Silix one has also the right logo shape.

So, the watch i've got, it's a total give away..., noting to be saved there. :(

It's not the size that I was talking about. This is the first PO rep that I have ever seen without the little turn-ups and the feet of the Omega logo. This is how a PO logo should be, and I have alway been surprised that they never got this right.

I'm not saying it's a good rep, but the wrong PO logo has always bothered me, and I'm happy to see that someone recognized this important detail, even if they did ignore everything else.