When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get the best deal on a brand new gen PAM in Europe?

ravishingrick

I am contemplating on buying a Gen PAM 000 or 005 from an AD, but don't want to pay premium. Anyone no where the best deals can be grabbed on PAM's in Europe?

I presume there are some price variations due to some European countries being more expensive the others and because some watch stores are simple more expensive the others...

I am contemplating on buying a Gen PAM 000 or 005 from an AD, but don't want to pay premium. Anyone no where the best deals can be grabbed on PAM's in Europe?

I presume there are some price variations due to some European countries being more expensive the others and because some watch stores are simple more expensive the others...

Your best option is to buy a used, but mint condition PAM from Timezone or Paneristi

I have read on various fora anecdotes about gen watch purchases at AD's. Guite often I have read stories from buyers that received 20% discount of the retail from there AD's.

I would guess that these stories are from people who are VERY good customers at that particular AD. If you don't have a relationship (read - have spent a ton of money prior) at an AD, I wouldn't expect any discount. At least that's the climate at US ADs, anyway.

There are a few ADs (Chinese Owned) down here in Southern California that has offered me 10% off retail and no tax if I paid cash. This is the best deal I have found for new Pams, however the caveat is that this only appies to in stock items. Last time I was there they most affordable PAM was a 112. Seeing as how you want a 000 or 005, which are both in high demand, procurring one with a discount will be hard.

I was also in Taiwan this past winter and the ADs remarked that the PAMs do not move as nearly as well as their counterparts, i.e. IWC. Due to their large size, and their plain look. They were willing to move on the price, but never got a firm figure. I suggest you call some of these ADs as many work with international buyers for quick sales.

And as many have suggested viapanerisiti, paneristi, and timezone are also options. However, I suggest a lot of due diligence before making a wire transfer. This will include reference checks on many boards, and getting tagged pictures to ensure the watch is in their possession.

Good luck.

You will have a problem getting any discount from an AD in Europe except for 183 / 210 which aren't that desirable any more. However, I would try the sole Irish AD, Weirs in Dublin, as I have found them to be willing to offer some discount a couple of years ago when the brand was new to them and generally unheard of in Ireland. There is little point in trying to get a discount agreed via telephone, due to the Panerai policy on 'no discounts', but Ryanair flights to Dublin aren't costly and it's a great weekend destination so it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

Edited by PAMman

• 2 weeks later...
You will have a problem getting any discount from an AD in Europe except for 183 / 210 which aren't that desirable any more. However, I would try the sole Irish AD, Weirs in Dublin, as I have found them to be willing to offer some discount a couple of years ago when the brand was new to them and generally unheard of in Ireland. There is little point in trying to get a discount agreed via telephone, due to the Panerai policy on 'no discounts', but Ryanair flights to Dublin aren't costly and it's a great weekend destination so it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

and we can all stay in yours ;);)