When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy-fied 036

bazonkers

Vacuum is my goto guy for all my work but for my 036 I used The Zigmeister who can be found here on RWG. My PAM 036 was the one that Ruby/Josh sold with the thick crown and tall canon pin out of the box. It came with thick purple AR and L SWISS L on the dial. The genuine 036 has no AR and should say T SWISS T. The Zigmeister said he would be able to perform the work. I think it turned out great.

036ziggy.jpg

Vacuum is my goto guy for all my work but for my 036 I used Ziggy who can be found here on RWG. My PAM 036 was the one that Ruby/Josh sold with the thick crown and tall canon pin out of the box. It came with thick purple AR and L SWISS L on the dial. The genuine 036 has no AR and should say T SWISS T. Ziggy said he would be able to perform the work. I think it turned out great.

036ziggy.jpg

Looks great B. ..... oxidize the case and with Ziggy's work ... Live strong and wear it well

To clarify, The Zigmeister installed a new, non-AR crystal and modified the text on the dial under the "6"?

Did he re-lume the watch? If so, let's see a lume shot! B)

Well, The Zigmeister told me he was going to take the existing crystal with AR and grind off the AR. I think that's what he ended up doing but I can't tell this from a new crystal. There are no marks at all. As for the text, yes, he modified the L SWISS L under the 6. He microscopically it seems covered up the lower part of the L and added a bar to the top of what was left to make it a T.

As for the lume, I didn't have it lumed. I like the uncharged look on the wrist of the numbers. They have a off-white yellowish look. The gen version of this watch is 10 years old now so I didn't want it to glow like it was brand new either.

The hands came superlumed so I might deal with that later. I'd like to fix the CG lever pin but it doesn't seem to come out very easily on this model so I didn't mess with it.

Looks great! I'm guessing moving up the bars on the "A"'s maybe a bit much work, but it seemed it you could do that it would be perfect. I agree with not getting the relume. The best part about your watch is that it has a real 100% swiss movement and the bridges are correct for that model.

Not to threadjack this - but since the results are so amazing - is it possible to increase the size of the 5 minute markers on the new PAM 164? The circles? - perhaps when you are doing a re-lume? It seems like that might be a bit much....

I always find it funny when people say "Not to threadjack this ... " and then totally threadjack it. :)

I don't mind as I just wanted to post the pic. If you PM him, he'll probably see your question. He might not see it in here fyi.

Ziggy,

Not to threadjack this - but since the results are so amazing - is it possible to increase the size of the 5 minute markers on the new PAM 164? The circles? - perhaps when you are doing a re-lume? It seems like that might be a bit much....

I can't picture what a 164 looks like, so offhand I am not sure if I can do this or not...maybe?

RG