When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian 7750 newbie needs advice

db1

hi :)

im new here..

i have many japan non-working-chrono replicas, but finally i have decided to upgrade my self to the "real" deal replica..

i am interested in getting my self a Breitling for bentley GT (the one with black face and silver chrono eyes)

as much as i know anything about the asian chronograph copy movement, i was told to stay away from asian sec @ 6 movement replicas, i was told the sec @ 6 in these movements is a hack and will stop working on me (the movement has too much pressure on it cause of many extra gears added for the sec @ 6 to work?)

but on the other hand, i was told the sec @ 9 asian valjoux copy is just fine, and can last for years.. is that true?

i was also told the 28,000bph movement is better then the 21,000pbh version? whats the difference ?

how relaible is the asian copy valjoux with sec @ 9 ? is it worth trying? i have heard it works flawlessly and can last for years, in compare to daytonas with sec @ 6 that will break after a very short time..

also, i wanted to know, what is better for the health of the movement, when chrono is working? (big seconds rolling) or when the chrono is off and big seconds sits @ 12 ? what is better for keeping less pressure on the movment?

i know i have many questions, so straight.... but i am new to all this (i have read some The Zigmeister posts by the way, he packs some really good information i didnt know)

i hope you can help me, any advice or information will be so much appreciated!

db1

The standard layout for the 7750 has the seconds@9. The seconds at six is a poorly designed attached conversion that WILL fail. The older 21,600bph movements are not very good quality but the newer fast beat 28,800 Asian7750's are actually pretty good. The Zigmeister says that once the movement is properly serviced it can be as reliable as a swiss ETA7750. From personal experience i would recommend to stay away from the sec@6 until its redesigned and stay away from the older Asian 21,600 movements. If you can afford the real swiss ETA7750 then thats your best bet for sure. Keep in mind that even a real swiss ETA7750 modded for sec@6 will use the same crappy conversion gears and will also be prone to failure.

dizz

Although the point is moot because it is no longer in production, there are plenty of members that will argue that some versions of the 21k 7750 were just as good or even better than the 28k version. Sure the first versions of the 21k were junk, but by the time the 28k was released, the 21k had actually become a pretty reliable movement. In fact, when the 28k came out I saw far more failures and DOA watches than I had seen in a long time. I currently have two 21k 7750s in my collection, and both have performed flawlessly over several years.

Also, as you are posting this in the Breitling section, you need not concern yourself about the "seconds at 6" version as it is not used in any Breitling reps. That movement is used mostly in Rolex Daytonas and IWC models.

BTW, there is no affect on longevity by having the chrono running or idle. I prefer to leave it idle so the stopwatch function is ready when I need it.

As you are new to these movements, here are a couple of things that will keep your 7750 running smoothly.

- Never set the date between 9PM and 3AM. In fact when setting the date it is safe to advance the time until the date changes, then continue to advance the time to 6AM. Then advance the date to the desired day. Then set the hands to the correct time.

- When using the chrono, never reset when the second hand is more than 10 seconds from the 12:00 marker. These things generate a lot of torque and the second hand will often slip and no longer reset correctly. Following this rule will insure perfect alignment.

Edited by andreww

thanks for the tips :)

i was thinking of buying my rep from one of RWG's dealers, but i dont know how to do it.. i live in israel, its suppose to be ilegal to import replica watches. even one piece for presonal use can be stopped at customs..

i dont know of any israeli dealer i can trust, most of them are bullshiting their reps to be swiss and want big $$$ while i know for sure its asian movements, i dont trust them.. most of them know less then me about what they are selling.. and thats pretty poor :)

does anyone knows of a way to ship a replica without risking it getting cought in customs?

thanks!

dvir

I am sure that the collectors here will be able to get something to you, i dont know if we have other members from your area but i assume there must be one member who could offer you advice, you could think about useing an EU collector as the customs may not be as harsh from the EU. Welcome to the forum.