When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best TT Blue Sub?

dino13

Hello fellow Rollie fans,

Can anyone tell me who has the best, most realistic looking TT Blue sub? Is it worth even buying or is it just too fake looking? I tried doing a search and there's not too much info out there on the TT. Tons on SS black subs, GMTs, Sea Dwellers, Daytonas, but not TT.

Any advice and pictures would be greatly appreciated as I am dying to get one, but don't want to make a mistake!

Thanks

Rolex! :D

Posting rule

[5] - Do not ask "what's best" because this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best in a certain area. The best is what works best for you!

I sincerely dunno. MBW? WM9? Maybe none of this. All of them have flaws.

For sure Rolex has got the best tt sub! :D

TT Sub is a typical newbie purchase. 3 of my 4 first reps were TT Subs. Having owned 2 TW versions of the TT Sub, and one Chinese... I can tell you one thing: Don't bother.

The reps are nice, and the pics might look great... but the two-tone Oyster bracelet doesn't cut it. The color and quality feel simply isn't there.

If you don't mind having a nice looking watch, but fairly obvious rep (that all gold experts would call out under closer examination), go and buy it.

If you want a rep that's believable for 99% of the population, get good all-stainless version... like Noobmariner.

PS: There are much better options for a TT replica, like Breitlings that feel naturally heavy and solid. But if you absolutely want a TT Sub, and will buy one no matter what... go for the TW/MBW version. The bracelet is better made than the Chinese.

Rolex! :D

Posting rule

[5] - Do not ask "what's best" because this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best in a certain area. The best is what works best for you!

I sincerely dunno. MBW? WM9? Maybe none of this. All of them have flaws.

For sure Rolex has got the best tt sub! :D

By definition all opinions are "subjective" not "objective". Also if you "dunno" I would suggest not posting just for the sake of posting. Thanks for nothing. :D

Funny how the Rolex TT sub has was always one of my favorite watches, yet when I got into this hobby, I have yet to purchase one.

I will one day just out of principle, yet I'm still waiting for the one that nails it.

By-Tor,

This is dissapointing. I know you are extremely knowledgeable and highly respected in the Rep world so I will follow your advice and avoid the TT blue sub for now. If you hear of any really good ones in the future please let us know.

Thank you

PS: I have already purchased a SS Black Sub Noob from TTK's Group Buy based on advice here. Just waiting for delivery.

Edited by dino13

By definition all opinions are "subjective" not "objective". Also if you "dunno" I would suggest not posting just for the sake of posting. Thanks for nothing. :D

-_-

Let me put it this way: all modern Rollies have flaws. I mean, A LOT.

Now, imagine a TT Sub.

As By-Tor said: "but the two-tone Oyster bracelet doesn't cut it. The color and quality feel simply isn't there."

So, besides CGs, Insert, Low crown, etched crown, dial, poor lume, squeaky bracelet, you will have the gold issue too!

I think that gold is a huge pain in the ass. You can't fix it!!!

So, back to your question: "Can anyone tell me who has the best, most realistic looking TT Blue sub?"

As I said before, Rolex has it! :D

Otherwise look for MBW or WM9 (too expensive). You can find some review about them.

But, as I said before, modern rollies have fundamental flaws.

If you like modern Rollies go for a noobmariner with gen insert and crown (and tube).

That would be "realistic"! ;)

Trusty's ROLSUB0016 had also received good comments in the past.

It's on page 2 of his Submariners online catalog.

Take a look.

I have no personal experience with this but it looks fairly good from the pictures. To be honest if gold was my taste i'd give it a try. Absolutely beautiful watch!

Wow! 5 posts and a response to a question without an answer brings out this type of attitude.

Poor form.........that's just my unsolicited opinion :D

Wow! 383 posts and nothing intelligent to add to this topic. Very poor form indeed. :D

A battle of wits with an unarmed opponent is......well, um..........not worth it.

BTW, your post was not a "Topic". Rather a lazy attempt to find happiness B)

Good luck in your search for the "Best" whatever makes you happy........dino

A battle of wits with an unarmed opponent is......well, um..........not worth it.

BTW, your post was not a "Topic". Rather a lazy attempt to find happiness B)

Good luck in your search for the "Best" whatever makes you happy........dino

Again. Nothing intelligent to add to this topic.

Seems like you and some others just go around polluting topics and adding nothing of value. Just snide, pithy comments like "the search button is your friend" and "Rollie makes the best TT sub". You should all start your own forum somewhere and just be useless and rude to each other and leave us alone. Your attack was completely unprovoked. I asked a simple question and expected a simple answer, if anyone had one. If not, then why post a stupid, annoying remark that's not helpful to anyone? Try being helpful for once.

Edited by dino13

How would one pollute the pollution which is your topic? Hmmm...

How about reading what you agreed to when you signed up here....

Posting:

[1] - Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.

[2] - Never post the same post in other sections. Double posts/cross posts will be deleted.

[3] - When posting images, resize them to a maximum of 800x600 pixels. Any larger images will most likely be deleted. You can upload your files directly, but we prefer that you host the images on your own server or use an external image host like Imageshack or others. A manual on how to post images using an external host can be found here.

[4] - How NOT to post on this forum: 5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer". Once somebody replies to your thread but doesn't give you exactly the answer you've been expecting you insult them.

[6] - Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.

You may also want to brush up on the 26 Forum Rules on Behavior that precede these in the Rule Post.

How would one pollute the pollution which is your topic? Hmmm...

How about reading what you agreed to when you signed up here....

Posting:

[1] - Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.

[2] - Never post the same post in other sections. Double posts/cross posts will be deleted.

[3] - When posting images, resize them to a maximum of 800x600 pixels. Any larger images will most likely be deleted. You can upload your files directly, but we prefer that you host the images on your own server or use an external image host like Imageshack or others. A manual on how to post images using an external host can be found here.

[4] - How NOT to post on this forum: 5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer". Once somebody replies to your thread but doesn't give you exactly the answer you've been expecting you insult them.

[6] - Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.

You may also want to brush up on the 26 Forum Rules on Behavior that precede these in the Rule Post.

Read rule number 6. You just broke it. I asked for an opinion. By-Tor gave it. I was happy. Others are useless. End of story. Get a life.

Hello fellow Rollie fans,

Can anyone tell me who has the best, most realistic looking TT Blue sub? Is it worth even buying or is it just too fake looking? I tried doing a search and there's not too much info out there on the TT. Tons on SS black subs, GMTs, Sea Dwellers, Daytonas, but not TT.

Any advice and pictures would be greatly appreciated as I am dying to get one, but don't want to make a mistake!

Thanks

Notice how nowhere in this post did you ask for anyone's opinon on who has the best...

And my opinion is Bytor is being a bit too nice because you look like a noob here, and didn't see your smart-assed reply to mrandazzo, as you were typing it while Bytor was typing his reply.

You have a poor attitude, and your failure to even recognize your misstep against the rules you failed to read, tells me you lied about your search for TT Subs... you are obviously a lazy [censored] who wants to be catered to, I will honestly be surprised if I ever see a significant contribution from you (other than the well placed ass kissing, think it will carry you??)...

As of right now, more than half of your posts on this forum are here, in this non-topic, insulting members for not meeting your ill conceived expectations... (which is in violation of Posting Rule 4)

Keep it up, you're a winner...

You might be as extinct as your namesake before you reach your apparent double digit IQ in posts.

What a genuine genius.

Notice how nowhere in this post did you ask for anyone's opinon on who has the best...

And my opinion is Bytor is being a bit too nice because you look like a noob here, and didn't see your smart-assed reply to mrandazzo, as you were typing it while Bytor was typing his reply.

You have a poor attitude, and your failure to even recognize your misstep against the rules you failed to read, tells me you lied about your search for TT Subs... you are obviously a lazy [censored] who wants to be catered to, I will honestly be surprised if I ever see a significant contribution from you (other than the well placed ass kissing, think it will carry you??)...

As of right now, more than half of your posts on this forum are here, in this non-topic, insulting members for not meeting your ill conceived expectations... (which is in violation of Posting Rule 4)

Keep it up, you're a winner...

You might be as extinct as your namesake before you reach your apparent double digit IQ in posts.

What a genuine genius.

You eloquently proved my point:

Seems like you and some others just go around polluting topics and adding nothing of value. Get a life.

Edited by dino13

You eloquently proved my point:

Seems like you and some others just go around polluting topics and adding nothing of value. Get a life.

LOL! :D

You Sir, are a completely moron. I'll tell you why.

Here there are few people who spent theyr OWN TIME writing reviews, guides, articles, usefull posts.

That's ADDING VALUE to the community.

We are not here to serve you.

You know who you are? Someone who wants the best tt sub.

Why do you need "the best tt sub"? To impress your friend?

If so, I think you are the one who should get a life!

Next time don't ask "who has the best". Search, read, think.

Maybe you can PM someone who have bought the item (and probably he wrote a review too) asking him about watch's flaw.

If you do your homework (and you didn't) you can find that MBW its a good choice, but there's always the gold issue (besides all modern rollies's flaws).

It's very easy.

We are very happy to help and answer to reasonably questions.

So, please, change. You've the wrong attitude.