When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master II

Rikske

Guest Mr.Magorium

Nice pictures Tribal,

this is mine, picture is not good, to mutch reflexions.

It has the fat case with big crown, green gmt hand, green marking "GMT Master II" (you cannot see well on this bat photo), Rolex engraving arround the rehaut with the serial number at 6.

The bracelet is like the real one with polished inner links and the new clasp

Looks good exept the bezel insert who is just printed and the green date fonts who is vrong. Also the case seems to be to fat

The ceramic aspect insert on the rep could bee easely replicated with a cristal epoxy coat or a good clear varnish

But I will try to find a plastic insert who looks better

PC88_01.jpg

This is the real thing

GMTmasterIIceramicbezel.jpg

Guys-

I broke down and bought a SS GMT IIc watch at local store this past week.. I've been drooling over this watch since seeing the first pics of it. My local dealer actually had one SS, one two tone, and one 18k with black face. He would move slightly on the two tone and gold one. This new watch is stunning and the ceramic bezel with the numbers being platinum enlay is amazing. Also the case is noticably larger than the sub. I have a seamaster and the case feels and looks closer to that size.

Anyway after then going around to three other stores that have decent Rollie stock and none of them had any of these watches. In fact two of the stores said it was unlikely that they would receive any more this year. Worse yet they had waiting lists on the SS watch.

This is my first OEM and gennie.. I've got a bunch of reps.. some of which are awesome in contrast and comparison to OEM. However I'm not hopeful that Joe Chinaman will make a rep of this watch that is affordable due to the following facts:

1. The ceramic bezel would have to be ceramic. Not sure how much additional cost this would be, but my salesguy told me short of a diamond the bezel should be almost as resistant to scratches as the sapphire crystal.

2. The case is clearly a new size, apparently to support the new Rolex movement for the GMT II

3. The bracelet and clasp are similar to the Daytona.. but I think somewhat different. Frankly it feels quality, like an SS Omaga vs. the typical Rollie Oyster bracelet.

Well it was an impulsive/compulsive purchase. Now I've got 3 gen SS, and like 10 SS reps. I never thought I would buy a Rolex, but hey this watch was lust at first sight :>

Good luck gents,

Mac

I almost bought one last saturday before the prices went up. It was $5900 at the AD, and he was giving me 10% (it's a good AD). Ultimately I didn't do it, now the price is $6800. I was really only interested in flipping. Then, wouldn't you know it, one just sold on TZ for +$500 over the old list. I could have made the easiest $600 in history.

Oh, well. Hindsight's 20/20.

• 3 weeks later...
Still waiting for the GMT IIc rep coming out.

Anyone knows more about this?

1st time posting... Use to buy from Eddie and with his departure I tried Joshua for a GMT IIc Full Gold. Just got it about an hour ago and absolutely impressed. It is spectacular. RRR's, wider case lugs, lume all around (YES!), all but invisible etched crown. Only thing that is missing is the ceramic bezel and I'm sure we'll see that soon enough. So if your into Full Gold and have a lifestyle to pull it off then I highly recommend it...Supurb :D

Joshua informed me that the new GMT with larger case and "partial" ceramic bezel will be out in May. He also said that it will have the correct GMT hand stack and will set exactly as the gen. However, he did point out that it will be somewhat expensive (more than $400).