When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Gin drinkers out there?

HauteHippie

Introducing No. 209...

78634.jpg

Bombay Sapphire on the rocks with a couple olives has long been my staple cocktail. Saturday night at a wedding, the bartender turned me on to 209 - and WOW is it something else. It seemed better with a lime twist than olives as it already has an ever so slight citrus taste, but either way makes a great drink. This stuff is crisp, clean and very refreshing with a twist. If you like gin, you owe it to yourself to get a bottle of 209. I suspect you'll never turn back. After my current bottle of Bombay Sapphire is gone, it'll probably be my last!

Thanks for the great tip. I don't have a taste for Bombay, but my cabinet has Tanqueray Ten, Tanqueray, Tanqueray Rangpur, Hendricks and Citadel gin. I think I might have a problem.

My past favorite was Tanqueray Malaca. It had a slightly stronger floral accent than Ten, but was not quite as smooth.

medP

Actually Gordon's works well for me too. When you are in actual gin and tonic weather it doesn't really matter how good your gin is.

But it's just too damn cold here in the Northwest Territory right now.

I'm waiting for days so hot that only mad dogs and Englishmen will be out at noon.

That's real gin and tonic weather and tonic is the only thing that should be ever mixed with gin.

Carl