When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pan111h Broken!!!

ianc

hi i bought my off a trader on here a month ago. it has just broken.!!

when i wind it - there is no clicking and you can see through the display back that a spring has come loose.

should he repair it, (dealer)

or can you suggest a watch place in london where it could be fixed and a rough price of cost?

doh, gutted. i love that watch and only wore it once.

A month might be a bit too long to return to dealer, he has no way of knowing its not been a daily beater for the past month. Try giving Finepics a PM, hes a local watch guru who might be able to help with it

surely though, for nearly £200 it should last a little longer - i am very dissapointed!

A month might be a bit too long to return to dealer, he has no way of knowing its not been a daily beater for the past month. Try giving Finepics a PM, hes a local watch guru who might be able to help with it

I say ask your seller...

They usually have a 90 day warranty.

(edited due to typing error)

Edited by fitmic

My CN mov't PAM did the same thing. It's an easy fix yourself with nothing more than a jewelers screwdriver and some tweezers. I just gave the spring a sharper bend where it goes into the tiny hole in the pawl and it's been going strong now for quite a while.

Just be careful and don't lose the screw.

My CN mov't PAM did the same thing. It's an easy fix yourself with nothing more than a jewelers screwdriver and some tweezers. I just gave the spring a sharper bend where it goes into the tiny hole in the pawl and it's been going strong now for quite a while.

Just be careful and don't lose the screw.

i was assured that my movement was swiss?!!!

how do you tell.?

also how do you get the back off the watch. i may attempt it myself.

cheers ian

oh cool. i have same movement without all the panerai repeated writing, does that mean its the swiss version movement.

do i unscrew only the screw right in the middle of the circle or all of the cog ones too. then do it re-wrap the spring around the thing the screw holds in?

Just remove the screw circled. Once you get it out remove the pawl with some tweezers and you can see how the sprimg fits. I had to bend my spring a little with some tweezers and hemostats.

I'm not a watchmaker but I did fix the same problem with mine...

It'll give you a lot of respect for the guys who really know how to do this kind of stuff!

I don't think it even wrapped all the way around. It just needs to keep enough tension on the pawl to keep the mainspring from unwinding.

i understand. thanks for your help btw!

i tried that but the to lip of the spring just won't stay on. it seems too big? so i tried to wrap it around but it won't go!?

ahh frustrating!

in worst case, servicing a manual watch is relatively cheap. I would give it to The Zigmeister (well he is unavailable until September, but may be someone near you) to service the movement.

I think it's a fairly small problem and most of the guy that will service your watch won't even charge you for this. And you will have a clean movement for some years :p

does anyone know any uk dealers? or can i take a rep into a standard shop?

That depends on the shop. I'd phone ahead before turning up, just to make sure they're not going to turn you away.

If I were you, I'd look up Finepics. He's in the UK, does PAM stuff and has an excellent reputation.

right - messed it right up now, the spring flew off and i can't find it.

does anyone know any uk dealers? or can i take a rep into a standard shop?

Man, that's a shame :(

Really sorry to hear that. Maybe you can find the spring?

Edited by oswald