When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 21J vs Asia ETA 2813

karl2007

The asian ETA 2813 is really a misnomer. This movement is referred to as a DG2813 in the ofrei and julesborel catalogs. It's an asian 21j and is closer to the Miyota than an ETA. I think it was Josh who referred to it as an eta copy movement, but it just ain't so! Look for the WO symbol under the balance wheel- that means it comes from PTS Resources in China. I personally like the movement, but it's like any other rep movement (ETA included), it could be dirty and need to be serviced.

But once it's been serviced it's fine. And if it's running well, then you may not have to service it for a few years. Ironically, it's also cheaper to replace it than service it- the Chinese Conundrum!

• 1 month later...
The asian ETA 2813 is really a misnomer. This movement is referred to as a DG2813 in the ofrei and julesborel catalogs. It's an asian 21j and is closer to the Miyota than an ETA. I think it was Josh who referred to it as an eta copy movement, but it just ain't so! Look for the WO symbol under the balance wheel- that means it comes from PTS Resources in China. I personally like the movement, but it's like any other rep movement (ETA included), it could be dirty and need to be serviced.

But once it's been serviced it's fine. And if it's running well, then you may not have to service it for a few years. Ironically, it's also cheaper to replace it than service it- the Chinese Conundrum!

hi

that means that a21j and DG2813 are the same thing?

hi

that means that a21j and DG2813 are the same thing?

21j means that the movement has 21 jewels. In fact there are a lot of 21j movements. The DG2813 is just one of them and is mostly used in the lower end reps as a affordable replacement for ETA 2824/2836 (as in the Yachmaster) or ETA7750 without chrono functions (as in PAM0164).

• 4 weeks later...
Asian 21J is an umbrella term - it includes all Asian 21J movements, including the Asian 2813 (this was already explained above).

The DG2813 beats at 21.6k bph.

Thank you for super fast response.

Yap, I already notice that Asian 21J is an umbrella term but any idea about which one it should be?

The DG2813 has 21.6 bph. Will it make weird movement on second hand in Trusty's $79 Rolex?

@yim156: the rolex will tick just fine but you get what you pay for if you want a smoother sweep on the second hand your going to have to spend more, however i have several reps with asian movements at 21.6k bph and think they look fine when ticking, its just personal preference