When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6152 - Marina Militaire

Finepics

Just finished the next stage - new 6mm thick polycarbonate crystal specially made to fit. My next offering as a service. this one is not quite as high domed as the gen and this might be corrected later but will do for now!! Dial and hands done in a slightly modified "Old Radiomir" shade of super lume. Hopefully a decent movt coming in the near future.

Also I have contact with a vintage leather jacket makers who have a lot of offcuts of vintage leather so standby for some nice vintage 26x26 straps on offer soon (I hope!!) - this one is a MF1942 that is in 130/85 length and will do for now. Enjoy the pics.

70073-32892.jpg

70073-32893.jpg

70073-32894.jpg

70073-32895.jpg

Thanks for the compliments people - I have slightly modofied it this weekend by rounding the edge down a bit more. Just need to polish it tomorrow at work and it is done. I think it is a little too thick at the edge.

I can offer this to anyone that wants it for a cost of £85 inc. All I need is your original crystal to take accurate diameter measurements from (actually the maker needs it to set up his machinery and it will guarantee it will fit exactly).

• 1 month later...
Is the original crystal removed together with the bezel, kind of like the 127's? Or, is it necessary to press it out from behind, i.e. remove movement?

Thanks for all the kind words fellas - bit of an old pic now as the crystal has been rounded off at the edge and the movt is now the beautiful 616 Cort!!

The crystal is pressed into the bezel in the same way as a fiddy etc. I think the movt/dial can come out from the back of the watch on this (unlike the fiddy).