When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 and IWC 3714

blade007

Nice one dakku and welcome on board....What watch next? :)

Thanks mate,

I think the itch to get another watch is still there. The next one is a little tough one as I am not a fan of Rolex/Omega/Panerai...

I often feel inspired by the varied collections of members here (pix, pug etc).. So here are a few I saw in other threads that I quite like:

Pix's IWC skeleton Portuguese

LV18821b.jpg

back1hr4.jpg

back2ev5.jpg

Pug's Breguet 5907

103087-25754.jpg

103087-25755.jpg

Edited by dakku

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how to care for and operate this watch? Is there an "instruction manual" for asian 7750 or IWC 3717? Sorry if this sounds stupid question, seeing as this is my first automatic watch, I would rather ask than break my "precious"

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how to care for and operate this watch? Is there an "instruction manual" for asian 7750 or IWC 3717? Sorry if this sounds stupid question, seeing as this is my first automatic watch, I would rather ask than break my "precious"

Look at the "Watch Q & A" at Andrew's web site: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

Be careful when setting the date!

It seems we have very similar tastes in watches :)

I love your IWC and it's definitely on my wish list !

For the 7750, 3 things to know :

- they come unserviced, so don't panic if the feel while winding or setting time is not always smooth

- if you set the date via the speed-date function, first set the time at 6:30 (safest) and then you can continue with the date

- the chrono pushers are always very hard to engage, but work. Don't forget to first stop the chrono before resetting it.

Oh, and this rule applies for all automatic movements (The Zigmeister explained everything in detail) : don't wind it manually, or if so, just enough to launch the movement and always slowly.

Typically are there differences in quality of 3717s from different dealers (i.e. Andrew, Joshua, PT, Angus) or do they typically come from the same manufacturer?

I guess a better question is do people typically purchase based on location or by quality? (i.e. if in the EU, then purchase from PT, etc).

Thanks and I appreciate all your help!

Typically are there differences in quality of 3717s from different dealers (i.e. Andrew, Joshua, PT, Angus) or do they typically come from the same manufacturer?

I guess a better question is do people typically purchase based on location or by quality? (i.e. if in the EU, then purchase from PT, etc).

Thanks and I appreciate all your help!

I guess that is a tough question to answer as I have only seen posts and reviews where people had purchased from PT. Since I didnt want the hassle of overseas shipping and the customs problems etc - for me it was a done deal with PT, reviews said PT, location said PT and PT it was. Didnt regret the descission as he is a pleasure to deal with and the quality of the watch was mindblowing.

Thanks for the reply. I am actually located in the CONUS, and am in a bit of a dilemma. I have heard good things about all of the main dealers, and am unsure who to choose.

Anyone from the CONUS who has a 3717 care to shed light on how you decided who to purchase from?

I guess that is a tough question to answer as I have only seen posts and reviews where people had purchased from PT. Since I didnt want the hassle of overseas shipping and the customs problems etc - for me it was a done deal with PT, reviews said PT, location said PT and PT it was. Didnt regret the descission as he is a pleasure to deal with and the quality of the watch was mindblowing.