When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new toys!

gioarmani

Most of my new digital camera & lighting equipment is in & just from playing around with it, it's better than expected. Only waiting on a few backdrops & reflectors. :)

No, these aren't clear pro pics; just a couple of quick snap-shots with my old camera:

IMG_0001-10.jpg

IMG_0005-6.jpg

IMG_0006-6.jpg

IMG_0012-4.jpg

I'm excited to get seriously shooting again this weekend. I've got two girls who needs some studio shots & proof sheets for the 2008 Playboy casting call for FL, and then I'm fooling around with my favorite, IR nature photography (weather permitting).

I was skeptical about getting a non-SLR Canon to shoot pro again with--as I only shot Nikon & Mamiya (for medium format) in the past--but this piece with all it's accessories (Polarizers, Hoya R72 IR filters, lenses, adapters, etc.) & the ability to record jpeg & RAW simultaneously (not to mention the beauty of post-production in the newest version of PSC3) put out some damn good shots:

2248721095_fb2ac0d918.jpg

2262863301_e15fa299da.jpg

2263809526_6a5c11bce3.jpg

2248921188_0184d3f3b5.jpg

Love Canon! I use my 5D more than any other camera for professional apps. Well actually, my XTi backup is really what gets used the most probably--worry free and I'm in love with EF-S 17-55 f2.8 with IS. It smokes my 24-70L. BTW, tell us more about the small softboxes.

I was thinking of picking up a G9 to replace my shittty Leica D-Lux 3. The G9 is supposed to be an amazing little thing. Do you know if the ST-E2 wireless transmitter works with the G9?

Love Canon! I use my 5D more than any other camera for professional apps. Well actually, my XTi backup is really what gets used the most probably--worry free and I'm in love with EF-S 17-55 f2.8 with IS. It smokes my 24-70L. BTW, tell us more about the small softboxes.

I was thinking of picking up a G9 to replace my shittty Leica D-Lux 3. The G9 is supposed to be an amazing little thing. Do you know if the ST-E2 wireless transmitter works with the G9?

I believe the wireless does work--it was offered on one website as a flash accessory to the G9. Yeah, unless you're willing to drop $5000 on the real Leica, the Dlux models suck ass. Too much noise in low light & too soft a picture.

The lighting I haven't done any shots with yet--and until I see it against flesh in post-production, I won't know if it reflects true white or not.

And if she gives me permission to post some pics, I will in the ol' Girls thread.

;)