When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New OEM Bracelet?!

PAM192MEX

This is the transcript of the original post in TZ:

"A couple of weeks ago, a fellow 'Risti told me that Panerai planned to release a new bracelet model, but with a redesigned bracelet design! I assumed he had to be mistaken because it just seemed to fly in the face of common sense. By jettisoning what is a truly unique and incredibly SMART bracelet design that beautifully mimics the crown protector thoughout it's links, Panerai has got my head shaking! What possible reason could there be for not continuing the original bracelet design? I get more comments from "regular" folks about the simple beauty of the Panerai bracelet than anything else! Why does everybody have to trot out a "New Coke" idea every few years with no other purpose than to try to remain up-to-date and ahead of the curve?!! Panerai's explanation in the PAM 299 press release just reeks of corporate double-speak as well...

"...This contrast between surfaces achieved by different styles of finish is also a feature of the new bracelet. designed not only to enhance the aesthetic value of the watch, but above all to blend more harmoniously with the case..."

I get more comments from "regular" folks about the simple beauty of the Panerai bracelet than anything else!

My little rep combo of PAM 111h and DSN bracelet gets the most second-looks, "wow!"s, and "Nice watch!" of ANY of my watches, gen and rep alike.

I know precisely how this person feels.

Why does everybody have to trot out a "New Coke" idea every few years with no other purpose than to try to remain up-to-date and ahead of the curve?!! Panerai's explanation in the PAM 299 press release just reeks of corporate double-speak as well....

The natives are restless...

All I see for this "newer" bracelet design is mimicry and cost reduction. Sure, prices may stay the same, but less precision, time, and effort is needed to produce the bracelet.

At least the good news is that maybe the rep makers will finally get the replication of the bracelet right. I wonder why they could never replicate how the bracelet tapers down?!?!?

Looks almost exactly like the Anonimo bracelet on my friend's brand new (gen) Anonimo Chrono Professionale. Also a $1000.00 bracelet. I prefer the classic Pam bracelet.