When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone interested in a MD/DC GTG this Sun, 3/2?

Martyd3

I will try to make it.

I can see why so few people ever make it to these things. The GTG section is buried near the bottom of RWG's (rather long) main index page & I doubt many people ever read it (I only found out about the GTG because DuDro let me know). I think it would be better to post GTG notices in the General Discussion forum. That way, more people would see them.

I guess it is a good thing I checked in here before I made a mad dash out to Columbia this afternoon (I was on the other side of the world & would have had to 'fly' to make it to the GTG).

This is the 3rd DC area GTG that did not pan out very well (1st was a year ago at Tysons mall & I was the only person who showed, 2nd was at White Flint mall a couple of months ago, but only DuDro & I showed up and this 1, which was canceled at last minute).

May I suggest the next GTG be held at the same location as the 2nd GTG -- White Flint mall, which is centrally located within Baltimore, DC & NoVA. The mall is easy to find/get to (located right on Wisconsin Ave/Rockville Pike/Rt 355), it is rarely crowded (by mall standards), there are plenty of nice restaurants to meet at (PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Dave & Busters, to name a few) & there is always plenty of free parking within feet of any mall entrance.

whiteflint.gif

I would also recommend posting the initial announcement for a GTG in the General Discussion forum since more people would see it there.