When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches "Handed over to Customs"... What are the possibilities

Rolecs

Hi all,

I've order some watch to silix.

I was waiting for my order to come (you know what I mean)

But it seems that the watch was seized by the custom (F....k)

When I track the package http://www.track-trace.com/post/track

The last status is "Handed over to Customs"

What can I do?

- Wait and see how the customs will told me (surely that some couterfeit material arrived for my name)

Must I say that I'm not waiting for any material of any kind. Or that these watch are a present of my dear old friend...

- How the seller usualy react to that (do they try to send another package?)

If Anyone can indicate me how to handle that, it'll be precious

Edited by Rolecs

Here is a print out of my parcel that arrived yesterday.. in red you can see : Inbound Into Customs = Handed over to Customs > Same meaning

Next you should see a .... Released from Customs ... but it will not post for a while .. so don't stress and check every hour.. they only update it once a day

this parcel of mine took much longer.. all the back up from CNY

Relax your precious watch will be with you soon B)

Delivered, February 26, 2008, 1:51 pm, HONOLULU, HI 96814

Processed, February 26, 2008, 10:09 am, HONOLULU, HI 96820

Inbound Out of Customs, February 25, 2008, 1:22 am

Inbound Into Customs

Inbound International Arrival February 24, 2008, 5:54 am, LOS ANGELES

Foreign International Dispatch, February 22, 2008, 11:03 pm, GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Foreign Acceptance, February 22, 2008, 8:54 pm

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

It likely simply means that it is going through Customs so I would not panic.

I thought Rolecs was in the USA, and I was going to reply, this is entirely normal. But he's in the Kingdom of Belgium.

It is still normal, Rolecs, that your package goes through Customs. Doesn't mean NECESSARILY that they will open it. When you see "Seized By Customs", then start to worry.

But perhaps a Belgium-centric RWGer might comment further.

Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I was contacted by the customs to tell the content of the package (I said mecanisme under 65$ from private to private people)

But they open the package and an expert from rolex will decide if it's genuine products or not.

But I don't know if they can sue me on that...

Please help...

Edited by Rolecs

By calling them and telling them that it was a private transaction with a certain value there is no way back anymore.

Infact you told them that you were going to import that watch.

If you are lucky you can give up the watch which will destroyed and you will get a warning.

I don't think the are going to prosecude you for one simple replica but you'll never know.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hi,

I was contacted by the customs to tell the content of the package (I said mecanisme under 65$ from private to private people)

But they open the package and an expert from rolex will decide if it's genuine products or not.

But I don't know if they can sue me on that...

Please help...

Ouch, buying replicas in Belgium is punishable by law. Even posession. Best thing is to deny that you have bought this......just refuse it otherwise you can face jailtime or at least a fine.......

Read this, in Dutch, sorry

Nep-Rolexen kosten Alloo in beroep veroordeling

Televisiemaker Luc Alloo is door het Gentse hof van beroep veroordeeld voor de aan- en verkoop van namaakhorloges in zijn programma Alloo Undercover. Alloo werd in eerste aanleg vrijgesproken, maar moet nu 495,79 euro boete betalen als mededader van inbreuken op handelsmerken en auteursrechten.

Horlogemaker Rolex diende klacht in nadat Alloo voor de camera een aantal valse uurwerken kocht van Johan F., die beweerde dat hij ze op het Antwerpse Falconplein had aangeschaft. F. werd maandag gestraft met een boete van 1.239 euro, dezelfde straf als in eerste aanleg in 2003.

De verdediging van beide beklaagden had de vrijspraak gevraagd en in het geval van Alloo ging ook het openbaar ministerie daarmee akkoord. De openbare aanklager meende dat de reportage voor een groot deel opgezet spel was, en de televisiemaker niet de bedoeling een misdrijf te plegen.

De rechters oordeelden daar echter anders over. Luc Alloo werd beschouwd als mededader en zou Johan F. aangezet hebben om het misdrijf te plegenLuc Alloo weigerde gisteren commentaar alvorens hij het arrest kon inkijken.

It says a undercoverreporter was fined for buying counterfit watches(while he was filming buying a watch l)

The seller had to pay 1239 euro, the buyer 459 euro, sued by Rolex

In fact you have admitted already you bought something, so I think this will not have a happy end bro......

Good luck, let us know what is happening

I must say your chances are low..same thing happened to i look in tracking website it said "waiting customs clearance..". It was a rolex sub from josh. And 1-2 days later i received a letter from so called rolex lawyer with my misspellt name on it. There was confirmation letter i had to sign and fax to them that i allow them to destroy the watch or they would take legal action(including the possiblty of sending me to jail, lol) .I signed,faxed and case closed, i lost the watch and no refund from josh aswell. Thats why from now on i buy only within eu.

But i must admit its so funny how rolex tried to scare me, they cant do anything because its not illegal to own replicas for own use in my country..