When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my custom F520117 sub/ym crown done

bklm1234

The left is gen, the right is my custom crown.

@repaustria: the pics should answer your questions.

From these pics which were taken by my friend in China, there's some difference in the color. It could be the finish and/or the steel used (always a little discrepancy). This supplier is the same supplier that makes the stock crown for the F520117 ym/sub. They make good stuff. On the original stock crown, like I said earlier, the finish is too "good". When I talked to him, he actually was very proud about making it more finished than the gen. I told him no, no, no, don't do that. The gen is a little rougher. He actually over-finished my custom crown, but it's not as much as the stock crown.

It's a set of crown+tube. I wanted the crown to fit on the existing tube. But the supplier said he couldn't do it like that, which I still can't understand. The new tube however screws into the tube hole on the case without rethreading nor redrilling the tube hole. You remove the stock tube, put some epoxy on the thread of the new tube, screw it in. Not the idealest but pretty good. The important thing is the crown looks good. Like I said, this supplier are the one who makes the F520117 crown. They do a really good job on the teeth definition. It's a damned good rep crown.

Anyway, it passes my visual QC. The teeth are perfectly sharp. The bulge is of the right size and shape. The coronet is large which is correct, and nicely etched. The polish is little too much but not a problem.

33022.jpg

33017.jpg

33033.jpg

33030.jpg

33023.jpg

33026-1.jpg

33032-1.jpg

33037.jpg

33034-1.jpg

33019-1.jpg

33024-1.jpg

-bk

Awesome bk!!! are you going to be making this crown/tube set avail for seperate purchase? Or just as an upgrade on a Sub?

How is the new tube diameter compared to the gen? It looks not to bad from your pics. It looks perfect on the watch!

dizz

if they fit a gen tube that would be sweet... or use bk's tube on a MBW16610 so you dont get the little chunk of missing metal on the bottom of the case from drilling it for a gen tube. It will be interesting to see the specs.

dizz