When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate, 1:1, Super Sea-Dweller (LOL)

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, considering this is my third (and hopefully last) SSD. I have gone all out with the mods and tinkering.

This one has a gen tube and crown, cg's milled by my watchmaker using a genuine Z serial number SD as a guide, aftermarket insert and pearl, gen bracelet and spring bars, genuine Long wet suit extension, all gaskets have been replaced and lubed, the 2836 has been completely services and adjusted to +2 sec per day. The watch has been sealed and pressure tested to 5atm.

The crystal has been modified (not exactly sure what was done, but I will find out tomorrow) so that the laser etched crown is as close to a gen as is physically possible. We attempted to fit a genuine crystal, but it DIDN'T WORK... I was told it wasn't even close. I took about 30 pictures trying to catch the right angle to show the crown and only found 2 pics that it showed up in.

I also purchased a genuine SD kit and a genuine box set. I have a genuine Rolex warranty card (for a SD) on its way. Once I have it in hand, the serial number will be changed on the watch to match the card.

So what is this worth? I don't know... I might find out by putting it up for sale so that I can finish my two vintage watches. But maybe I will hold on to it, ya just never know.

Let me know what you think.

post-7311-1204175336_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175352_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175367_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175381_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175402_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175427_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175442_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175464_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175482_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175504_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1204175526_thumb.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex
sharp, looks nice... Just fix the dateweel it leans to much down words...

//robi

DAMN IT... I didnt notice that. I guess since I just got it back from being serviced today, I can take it back tomorrow.

I am beginning to feel like when I drove Porsche's... they are in the shop more often than the garage!

Guest carlsbadrolex

I had wondered that myself about the back of the SEL so I pulled out my 16610 and it fits the same way. Now I had originally thought that this was because the bracelet on the watch was from a 16610 and maybe was "thinner" than the case of the SD. But I must be wrong, the SEL's just fit that way.

Thanks for all the kind words, its on my wrist now and I think it will stay there for awhile!

That is a lot of work for a nice piece... I don't know what the money is you invested in it by now? But having bought a gen and selling it after a few years would probably have cost you less.... :lol:

Still having this one stolen or lost wouldn't hurt financially that much. Very nice oneit is!!!

I don't agree about the Porsches btw ... My 993 has just been in the shop twice over the past 2 years for regular service.... ^_^