When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Once You Go Vintage,

chris5264

I got into watches years ago first with some pretty contempory things like a seamaster and tag, then it was panerai but on the contemporary side, now I'm pulled more and more into older and older watches, right now WM's watches, the MM20 and anything that looks like the Pam 6152 (these are all pams but I'm sure Rolex and other brands have their own versions of comtempory vs vintage). At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever get into a modern looking watch again.......anyone ever recover from this?

I even find myself wanting a plexiglass crystal over sappire. Now that is strange.

For me, vintage is my preferred choice for watches. There is just something about the acrylic crystals, matte dials and charm that comes with a vintage watch. Gives you a sense of history- Of a time when watches were meant to be used, and when form followed function (not bling or glitz). It would take a very special modern watch to get my attention... But there are a few exceptions to the rule.

:)

For me, vintage is my preferred choice for watches. There is just something about the acrylic crystals, matte dials and charm that comes with a vintage watch. Gives you a sense of history- Of a time when watches were meant to be used, and when form followed function (not bling or glitz). It would take a very special modern watch to get my attention... But there are a few exceptions to the rule.

:)

I agree with Randy Vintage watches are just timeless and the designs of some of them just haven't been bettered. Having said that there are a couple of modern reps I would be if they could just get them right. Namely a PO and maybe a Tag Monaco.

I got into watches years ago first with some pretty contempory things like a seamaster and tag, then it was panerai but on the contemporary side, now I'm pulled more and more into older and older watches, right now WM's watches, the MM20 and anything that looks like the Pam 6152 (these are all pams but I'm sure Rolex and other brands have their own versions of comtempory vs vintage). At this point, I'm not sure I'll ever get into a modern looking watch again.......anyone ever recover from this?

I even find myself wanting a plexiglass crystal over sappire. Now that is strange.