When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scam?

flamemax

Ken.... Thanks for pointing that out...

I somehow managed to flub up my post and not paste the link :bangin:

and here is the link

hxxp://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-jewellery-watches-MENS-ROLEX-18K-GOLD-DAY-DATE-PRESIDENT-DIAMOND-QUICKSET-W0QQAdIdZ34813803

Change out the xx for tt and then copy paste ;)

Note: I usually post from work, and hence I am strapped for time (aren't we all)... I usually try to get my point across and do not pay much attention to detail, I guess I am a victim of my own bad ahbbits in this case.

Thanks again for pointing it out!

Ken may be right & this could be a (good) legitimate deal, but my gut tells me otherwise. A diamond Daydate for $2,900? Poppycock!

At the very least, I would not do anything without first seeing good, clear pictures of the movement and/or an original bill of sale or last service invoice (showing the serial number, which must match the serial number between the lugs (you need to remove the bracelet to see this)) by Rolex. What I see does not give me any warm fuzzies in my tummy. :g:

@ By-Tor - I'll use tinyurl from now on - Love your Avatar BTW!!!!! Rush is the S#(t!

Is there any particular reason you fellas woud stay away from this.

If I compare to bay prices, this piece is either priced to sell, or a scam, right.

I'm not the diamond type of guy, but I could use this gen in my collection @ this price -

@freddy -is your recomendation a fool proof way of determining if the piece is gen or not, I'm guessing it is.

@freddy -is your recomendation a fool proof way of determining if the piece is gen or not, I'm guessing it is.

No. An appraisal by Rolex is the only fool proof way of determining authenticity. Anything else is a best guess, at best. Especially when you cannot physically open & inspect the watch/movement in person. Others will probably offer additional recommendations, but I would say the things I suggested should be considered the minimum requirements for making an online Rolex purchase when you are buying from a stranger (especially a stranger without any posted sales history of similar watches) & Paypal or some other 3rd party escrow service is not available.