When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FM dial lume, don't get these in very often.

I have only had a few FM's in for lume, they are a real challenge due to the shape of the numerals.

As you know, the daylight shots are what I like to show, since you can't hide any flaws or defects. After luming that Slevin last week, this was a nice change, but actually proved to be quite a challenge in it's own right.

Lume is quite thick, and when you pick it up on the applicator, it is shaped like a sphere or a drop. Trying to get a round drop applied to square edged lume area's is not simple. I think it turned out quite fine in the end.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And of course the lume shot, but it's meaningless where quality of the lume application is concerned. It's really Green not Blue in colour, the WB on the camera messes it up...

5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

RG

The Zigmeister,

I have been following most of your posts and rarely post a comment, I have to say that I am very impressed with the kind of job you perform. Is an art on itself.

Keep up the good work.

Very impressed JOB

Regards

P.D I can't wait to see the results on my WSD I sent you

Ziggy,

I have been following most of your posts and rarely post a comment, I have to say that I am very impressed with the kind of job you perform. Is an art on itself.

Keep up the good work.

Very impressed JOB

Regards

P.D I can't wait to see the results on my WSD I sent you

Thank you so much.

Checked the mail, not in today, probably later this week, will advise on email.

RG

That's a really nice job. Where would you rank this among your top works?

I am not really sure where I would place this one.

Difficulty wise, it's very time consuming, and for anyone who has applied lume, hard to get it to flow in the narrow lines. Certainly doing a "dot" like on a Rollie etc is easy, since the lume is naturally shaped like a round dot.

Time wise, this one took about an hour.

I am very pleased with the end results, which is why I decided to post it for comments and feedback.

As for "top works" I would say that the Cousteau and Slevin are certainly up there, and this one as well, if only due to the shape of the markers, and difficulty in luming them accurately. I like to think of them all as special in their own right, if only due to the fact they are all hand made, and therefore unique.

I am using a new varnish from RC Tritec as well, and this helps me get some good results, the Slevin and this one were done with the new gloss varnish.

I am still all for close up daylight side lighted pictures, I think it reveals the quality and is easier to appreciate.

RG