When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW in Bangkok

munk

Hi guys,

Do you think i can find MBW Rolex in the city of Bangkok Thailand? Goin there next month for shopping holiday. Gonna check some stuff. I saw eta movement reps the last time im there at MBK mall. Will walk around to see wats new in Bangkok.

Don't waste your time wandering the city...Just go to the MBK Shopping Mall!

The "MBW Shop" is located on the first floor. If you enter the MBK Center at the entrance closest to the KFC, the "MBW Shop" is down the same hall as the KFC. If I remember the stall number is 36-68.

Have fun there...I was there last Fall and came back with four AWESOME watches!

You are right friends, he bought the watch in the same shop you are talking about, costed about 7500 Bat (~$220). The guy claimed it has ETA 2836 movement. They have there also nice AP offshore (Panda dial?) with SS bracelet for about $400, a very "heavyweight" watch and I think some PP. The prices are quite fix , not like in the PatPong market.

Edited by yaron

The shop is correct.. .Give it a try. Without bargaining, opening price for MBK Rolex is 10000baht.

You can get for 10000 THB the Patek Naitilus and AP Royal Oak etc. for 13000 THB = 400 USD all the Royal Oak Offshores inclding AP End of days 1st version, Rubber Clad which Is PVD , Safari , Volcano etc

and 7500 THB for the rolex models except vintage.

I was there 3 weeks ago :)

About a month ago, I was there and bought a vintage MBW SRSD. The shop owner claimed it has a Swiss ETA movement.

All [censored]!

After wearing for 2 weeks after my BK trip, I realised the hour hand is not aligned to the hour indices. (ie., when at 6pm, my hour hand is b/w 5 and 6, when my min hand is at 12) So i brought the watch to my local watchmaker for repair. Guess what...... i discovered it has a crappy Asian clone and the one of the gear has very short teeth, so the hour hand tends to move irregularly. I paid 7,500bht for a crappy MBW SRSD!

If you want to buy their watches, please open the back case to inspect.

I dont want to be in my position.

Easiest way is to go in the Pathumwan Hall entrance (KFC on your right), turn right then opposite 1B20 is MBW store.

Nos

The easiest way might be to look for the name of the shop 'Nah Pliek'

As the prior poster alludes - don't expect Rolls Royce candy coated service there tho (you're just another Falang 'walking ATM' to him) or for that matter much to see, or reciprocal enthusiasm for Rollie 'minutiae speak'.

The reason for the markup of the suppliers of these watches on the fora is mostly to cover the selection, warranty, gtees etc expected here........but categorically not found at MBK.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from bangkok. Never get any watches from MBK due to out of stock. I was looking for the vintage rolex but have to order at least for a week. damn!!!. he offer me the new 16610 sub wif engraving on the rehaut doesn't look good to me for 7500bt. he got the new AP offshore black n red in color for 13,000bt for leather or 17,000bt for bracelet. looks good but out of my budget. The best thing is he thought dat my SSD is genuine...haha. Planing for the next trip soon....haha

Edited by munk

Please pardon my naivete here but, with the location of this stall so well known now, how come the local authorities have not tried to shut this place down yet?

Just wondering.

Please pardon my naivete here but, with the location of this stall so well known now, how come the local authorities have not tried to shut this place down yet?

Just wondering.

Bigger fish to fry I imagine :p

Plus the stall is nothing really in the larger scheme of things, it is the factory that they would go after, no? B)

Why would they? This is Bangkok. ;)

There are a huge amount of stalls around the city selling contraband goods and they're all known to the authorities.

Just wondering.

It is because he don't display the ROLEX REP. He only display similar design but the dial is not rolex so the authorities won't stop by his shop i guess. It's only if u ask he will show it.

Why would they? This is Bangkok. ;)

There are a huge amount of stalls around the city selling contraband goods and they're all known to the authorities.

Because they are very active of late with raids almost daily in all the regular locations. So it's only a matter of time before the tame policeman gets moved to another office and they get busted. There is a new squad simular to the regional crime squad that are doing all the raids apparently they are on a bonus system for the amount of goods they uncover. Quite a few have been busted one girl I know lost 10 million Baht (about $300000) 2 months ago so it's not so safe, they are targeting the middle dealers as well as the bigger dealers now the only people getting away with it like the old days are the street vendors. Anything the slightest bit organized is being targeted

And raiding Nah Piek would acheive what exactly?????

He carries f**k all in the way of stock on the premises, save for half a dozen cheap Silbersteins and a few no names in his display....(all throwaways).

Edited by narikaa