When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[Update 2] Graham Chronofighter + Video + New Pics

MAHLER

UPDATE: Add New Pics !!

UPDATE: View my video of this toy at http://www.divshare.com/download/3948849-a27

During the last World War, the past forty years, the success of many bellic-operations depended, unfortunately,

to our loved watches. For the war-necessity the chronos were mod to display only minutes needed to launch

the weapons. Lever was very big to be operated with gloves.

Here an example of these watches that ispiring aesthetically today a modern Graham filosofy:

rimg0343ax0.jpg

George Graham was an authentic genius of watchmaking invented the anchor escapement and innovative chronograph

solution, pendulum with mercury compensation, minute repeater. When Graham was alive british creations

were considered superior to those in switzerland :o .

The modern brand Graham, ironically, produces watches in switzerland :huh: but dedicating watches, unfortunately,

at wartime... and ironically also the 1st decent replica Chronofighter comes from China :rolleyes: ... and to me

by Precious Time ;) ... UK dealer :huh: !! somebody believes in coincidences?

The Chronofighter use an simply ETA Valjoux 7750 :huh: with a module added to the side of dial-face

called Graham 1722 :rolleyes: :

gr07aw2.jpg

The caliber 1722 is one of the most interesting news of the last few years :o ... and now the 1st replica of this,

based on Asian 7750 movement <_< , is the most interesting news of the rep-scene... the rep-war is next :lol:

I believe that the pics can do justice to this replica... it's natural daylight:

gr01lq4.jpg

-

gr02fy1.jpg

-the quality of AR is really good

gr03gg8.jpg

-

gr04bz9.jpg

appunti01ri2.jpg

appunti02zb3.jpg

- at 7:00 am in conditions of darkness natural (no reloading of light or other artificial)

gr05xu2.jpg

-

gr06ut0.jpg

With the BOB Strap BOB000224:

appunti03qs8.jpg

appunti14as1.jpg

Wristshots:

appunti15iz4.jpg

a01au2.jpg

appunti16qh0.jpg

This rep is very very good (45,87 MM with digital caliper) and convincing.

Some details of the construction:

appunti08pp4.jpg

appunti09ep1.jpg

appunti10eh6.jpg

appunti11ju5.jpg

appunti13vh3.jpg

appunti07wv7.jpg

appunti12xd2.jpg

measures of the dial:

mahler345rf0.jpg

I think that a single flaw should be seriously improved... the miss-aligned logo on the back (other flaw are dust or minor):

gr08ix0.jpg

Edited by MAHLER

I was at the Tourneau store in White Plains last night...this watch is MASSIVE, but cool as heck! Rep looks incredibly close to the gen as I think I stood there for 8 minutes eye-screwing this thing. The guy at the store must have thought I had was nuts.

Sweet watch, its on my list. Just dont know if I should pull the trigger or wait and see if it comes out in other colours soon.

Decisions ....decisions

Nice pics as well

Have fun with it.

Cheers

Kidge

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...