When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the truth about A7750s with sec. at 6?

jmt

Hi,

I don't think that opinions are conflicting. Some of these reps still run (happy owners), but we all know that they will have problems one day.

You can fix this by either having the seconds@6 subdial frozen or apply graphite powder ( http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=graphite ).

But it's been proven that the construction of the modified movement (transfer wheel) is not reliable : it should be jeweled.

So, be careful if you're tempted by one of these gorgeous Portuguese IWC or Ingenieur Chrono. Or of course the Daytonas.

I have 2 watches with this movement - both are IWC Portugese. The black dial/white subdials stopped running until the 6 o'clock subdial constant second was disabled and the other Prada version (silver dial/black subdials) runs fine for now but it is not enjoyable wearing the watch as I know it will EVENTUALLY act up. I know all mechanical watches will eventually have problems/need servicing but some are more eventual than others!!

TimeShare