When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with my 12:00 marker....

Hello everyone....

I just purchased a SSD the other day....unfortunately not so super....

DSC002901.JPG

So obviously it needs to be corrected....I need a little advice on how to go about remounting this marker....

I will also need some help with the bracelet....the SELs are smaller than the link that is attached to them....it rubs against the lugs on both sides....

NS

Okay so I managed to reset the 12:00 marker on the dial....which I did a horrible job of and basically ruined my dial....a little help would have been nice....

DSC00291.JPG

But now I have an even bigger problem....I pushed the release button too far and had to take the keyless works appart in order to put the button back in place....

In the middle of all of this....a small little gear popped out of the movement and I cannot figure out where it belongs....it is the really small gear at the bottom of this photo....

DSC00292.JPG

The movement is 2836-1 and the keyless works is not like the 2836-2....or any other movement in any of the tutorials I have found on this forum....

Does anyone know where it goes?

Does anyone want to fix it for me?

Edited by Nightstroker

In the middle of all of this....a small little gear popped out of the movement and I cannot figure out where it belongs....it is the really small gear at the bottom of this photo....

DSC00292.JPG

The movement is 2836-1 and the keyless works is not like the 2836-2....or any other movement in any of the tutorials I have found on this forum....

Does anyone know where it goes?

Does anyone want to fix it for me?

The keyless works all essentally are set up the same way. That little gear below is the part that helps to turn the date when you are in the quick-set position in the crown.

As for the dial, most would ask you to send it back to the dealer rather than to fix it yourself. But since you also jammed up the keyless works, you can follow a tutorial shown by Bazz on how to fix it (just search for 2836 and Bazz).

If all else fails, PM me. If you are in the US I will fix ONLY that for you, reinstall the hands and clean it up and have it back to you by the weekend.

I usually only do it for myself, but fixing that has now been like second nature to me.

I think that you omitted the two golden words in your opening post.

"Please and thankyou."

Very nice and civil of Anton to offer a hand.

My SSD bracelet was crap too...same flaws....get a new bracelet, file and polish the bracelet (it'll still look bad), or stick it on a nato. Some dealers will sell you a dial.

GL

-bosk

The keyless works all essentally are set up the same way.....If all else fails, PM me. If you are in the US I will fix ONLY that for you, reinstall the hands and clean it up and have it back to you by the weekend.

I usually only do it for myself, but fixing that has now been like second nature to me.

Excellent!! That is exactly what I will do....please pm me with your address....I live in Nevada....

As for the dial....it is wasted....I wont settle for the way it looks now....scratched it pretty bad....I accidentally broke off one of the feet....I am going to keep it around for parts....hour markers....

If you could just please put the movement back together I will be great full....I will need to buy a new dial....then I can deal with the hands....

I used BAZZ tutorial....but the keyless works in his photos just doesn't look the same as mine....I got a little confused....

My SSD bracelet was crap too...same flaws....get a new bracelet, file and polish the bracelet (it'll still look bad), or stick it on a nato. Some dealers will sell you a dial.

GL

-bosk

Thats a great idea also....I love NATO straps....not sure if its appropriate for the SSD with the modern HE valve....but I suppose it's fine....I sanded down my SSD bracelet....looks decent....

Thanks for the input and help!!....If anyone knows where to get a SSD dial....or a dial that is correct for the SSD case....please let me know....I need one ASAP!

NS

Edited by Nightstroker

Excellent!! That is exactly what I will do....please pm me with your address....I live in Nevada....

As for the dial....it is wasted....I wont settle for the way it looks now....scratched it pretty bad....I accidentally broke off one of the feet....I am going to keep it around for parts....hour markers....

If you could just please put the movement back together I will be great full....I will need to buy a new dial....then I can deal with the hands....

I used BAZZ tutorial....but the keyless works in his photos just doesn't look the same as mine....I got a little confused....

Thats a great idea also....I love NATO straps....not sure if its appropriate for the SSD with the modern HE valve....but I suppose it's fine....I sanded down my SSD bracelet....looks decent....

Thanks for the input and help!!....If anyone knows where to get a SSD dial....or a dial that is correct for the SSD case....please let me know....I need one ASAP!

NS

PM Sent.

Just to put up on the board that .... what anton is doing is way COOL.. lately I have been reading post by members 1 to 3 day's new asking for help in all areas.. introductions would be nice even though this is the internet and they can exit without worry anytime.. proper etiquete would not hurt.. just my 2 cents .. and with the gas prices nearling $4.00 not even that.. <_<

Just to put up on the board that .... what anton is doing is way COOL....introductions would be nice

Agreed!...Very kind indeed....Sorry I have not introduced myself....wasnt aware that an intro was proper etiquette....

Here is the photo of what I will be sending Anton....the mess that I have made....a learning experience indeed....

DSC00295.JPG

Once again....I will be dealing with the dial and the hands myself....that I believe I am capable of.... :D

BTW....I used to live on Maui....9 years in Kihei....gas is pretty pricy over there eh?

NS

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I have a spare set of hands I can send you... I dont typically follow "internet etiquette" either as some have pointed out, so your error wasnt even noticed by me! I think the dial is going to be the tough item to find!

Well, I have a spare set of hands I can send you... I dont typically follow "internet etiquette" either as some have pointed out, so your error wasnt even noticed by me! I think the dial is going to be the tough item to find!

I certaintly appreciate the offer!...good hands are hard to find....but the hands that came with my SSD are in good working order....fortunately I did not destroy them....like I did the dial....lol....id post a pic but its quite embarrassing....

I will settle for any seadweller dial that will fit on the ETA and in my case....I might ask Ruby if she knows where to get one....

I have an SSDD at the post office from her right now....cant wait to pick it up tomorrow morning....I should have ordered it with the presidential bracelet though....looks a little more classy that way....hopefully nobody will notice that Rolex does not offer a Gen SSDD....it will have to pass for white gold....

NS

The keyless works is practically the same amongst the 2836's. Before venturing into doing a DIY, you really ought to read some of the handy topics on how to dismantle a watch. One of which I have being trying to stress is to always have the stem in the winding position before releasing it and always use a 1.0 or larger screwdriver.

Anyhow, sorry that i'm come to late to this party to offer help but putting the keyless works together is not a hard job and most of us will be willing to do it for you. However, you may want to wait for a new dial before assembling it.

Good luck and safety first always.

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved my movement from Anton today....he did an excellent job as you can see....

DSC00310.JPG

I certaintly appreciate all that he has done for me....hard to find good people like him this day and age....

As soon as I can find a SSD dial or one that is correct for my watch then I can have my SSD on my wrist again....and the next time I decide to do any mods ill slooooooow it dooooooown and make sure to ask for advice!

Thank you Anton!

NS