When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Favorite YouTube Music Video(s)

ryyannon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They stole the background riff from an Indian-inspired rock number that I unfortunately didn't save, and the decor was ripped from the genial (and since deceased) pioneering American light artist Dan Flavin.

Other than that, I guess it's an ok vid.

Am I starting to sound like Pugwash yet? :lol:

They stole the background riff from an Indian-inspired rock number that I unfortunately didn't save,

I wondered what the riff might have been sampled from, and, on a forum, one person did name a track, and, the riff does sound very similar. However, a further comment, revealed "no indian song, all played, its just a sitar riff"

I'm not normally a fan of remixes/covers, as I think it's uncreative. However, if the track adds something, improving on the original, then that's okay. Having listened to the original track, I have to say, that the remixed version is much better.

Other than that, I guess it's an ok vid.

It's worth watching even on mute, if just for the lovely Ms Rowland :lol:

Yep, Punjabi MC - that's what I was thinking of...

I rather prefer their version, no?

Personally, no...

The sample used in Work has been altered, dropped down in tone slightly. The sitar, while still recognizable as such, is less 'tinny', so 'softer' on the ear. I also think Ms Rowland is more pleasing on the eye ;)

Personally, no...

The sample used in Work has been altered, dropped down in tone slightly. The sitar, while still recognizable as such, is less 'tinny', so 'softer' on the ear. I also think Ms Rowland is more pleasing on the eye ;)

Just another Babe: a dime a dozen.

Whatever.