When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Milgia Gran Turismo XL

blade007

Hiya,

I think I am getting the itch again to buy my third watch this month and decided not to spend a fortune on it. Does anyone have an opinion about:

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1831

chos008-1.jpg

chos008-6.jpg

chos008-3.jpg

chos008-5.jpg

chos008-2.jpg

chos008-4.jpg

I am in UK and would ideally like to buy it from a UK dealer, any recommendations? Also please share your reviews about this watch.

Thanks

D

i had the black dial for a short while, from ttk i think?

for me (just my opinion) the negatives were: very loud rotor, really blue AR that made the dial and markers look more blue than black and the very long second hand really seemed to accentuate the slight stutter in the movement. i doubt the movement was any less smooth than that i a noobmariner or some other watches but the dial on this one is so big and the sweep is so long it just kind of bothered me.

not a bad watch really and a good value for the money, just didn't do it for me ;)

I think it's a great looking watch for the money, as far as I know the gen only comes in white although the fantasy reps with silver and champagne dials look nice. The lettering on the clasp is not supposed to be blackened (the paint can be removed) and the "1000 MIGLIA" imprint on the crown is backwards (on the Asian version).

The strap would be the first thing to go--be aware that the lug width is not standard so you will probably have a small gap when you replace it.

Hiya,

I think I am getting the itch again to buy my third watch this month and decided not to spend a fortune on it. Does anyone have an opinion about:

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1831

chos008-1.jpg

I am in UK and would ideally like to buy it from a UK dealer, any recommendations? Also please share your reviews about this watch.

Thanks

D

Make sure you don't get the one in the pictures. You don't really want a "Certified Chronomete", do you?

Genuine

migliaxloldversionei3.jpg

Replication

img2729xx3.jpg

img2730zu0.jpg

another pic of the genuine..

1wbmmiglia168997js6.jpg

pretty much spot on .. the only thing that would need adressing is the Lume which in the genuine is Superluminova.. the lume out of the box on this rep is very good though.. and of course the rotor could be engraved for more accuracy

Make sure you don't get the one in the pictures. You don't really want a "Certified Chronomete", do you?

Yeah, and the printing on the inner bezel ring's scratched too. Otherwise these look great and are good values. No one's going to know or notice the backwards printing on the crown or the incorrect clasp printing; the only problem is that the numbers on the inner bezel are too short; they should be tall enough to reach the top. Fortunately you'll probably win the lottery before you bump into a Chopard expert.

nice one Lani..looks like you have the more expensive(but more accurate) 7750 version?

it has the A7750 .. the rotor needs to be engraved though and superluminova for relume.. although the lume out of the box is great.. still a trip to Ziggy would do magic for the movmt. and the lume

Sorry .. forgot to say .. thank you

Genuine

migliaxloldversionei3.jpg

Replication

img2729xx3.jpg

img2730zu0.jpg

another pic of the genuine..

1wbmmiglia168997js6.jpg

pretty much spot on .. the only thing that would need adressing is the Lume which in the genuine is Superluminova.. the lume out of the box on this rep is very good though.. and of course the rotor could be engraved for more accuracy

Love this watch and it ooks like a pretty nice rep with the fonts pretty damn good. where did you get it from? Thanks

thanks everyone for their input on this. I have come to like the black version quite a bit. I love the simplicity of the dial. I was thinking on getting the cheaper 21J movement as I intend to use it as one of my daily beaters and seeing as this is the 3rd purchase of the month, my budget is also limited.

Any comments on 21J movement in this watch or should I save up a bit more and go for the more expensive 7750 version. I contacted PT and he has a 7750 version but is able to source the cheaper 21J as well. I contacted Narikaa as well and same goes for him too.

What do you guys think?

Edited by dakku

I have the less expensive Asian version and it works well, except for th swishy noise that the rotor makes. This can be remedied, but I never got around to it. If this is going to be a daily beater, get the Asian version and save your bucks for your next purchase...... the Mille Miglia GMT!

guys, thanks for all your input, I think I will get the 21J version and save up more money for another rep. Has anyone from UK ordered from overseas? PT and Narikaa currently dont have the model in stock. Can someone recommend alternative solution? Is it safe to order from overseas? I was looking at this version:

http://www.pc-80108.com/cp10035-gran-touri...ted-p-2367.html

1.jpg

At least it seems to have the "Chronometer" written out in full.

So I need some help, is it too much hassle to order from overseas? Anyone know what sort of quality is the watch at the above link?

Cheers again for your input.

guys, thanks for all your input, I think I will get the 21J version and save up more money for another rep. Has anyone from UK ordered from overseas? PT and Narikaa currently dont have the model in stock. Can someone recommend alternative solution? Is it safe to order from overseas? I was looking at this version:

http://www.pc-80108.com/cp10035-gran-touri...ted-p-2367.html

1.jpg

So I need some help, is it too much hassle to order from overseas? Anyone know what sort of quality is the watch at the above link?

Joshua is oke, he has a very good "after sales" management if you need it. I ordered last week a rep for my wife and received it yesterday, from China to The Netherlands in about 6 days. He is a respected dealer.

not a bad watch really and a good value for the money, just didn't do it for me ;)

I agree. The gen is nice in person...but in general, I find the Chopard's a little too "trendy" in their design for my liking. If you are looking at something for "the now", I would say it's good value...but if you are looking for something that's reasonably versatile for keeping your interest in the long-term, I would recommend something else.

I got the same watch, black dial, asia 21j from Joshua about a month ago. Personally I never noticed the so called noisy rotor. it keeps perfect time and running great. Absolutely no problem.

I got my white dial XL from Silix, and it is one of my favorites! ! ! The rotor was initially quite loud though, so I packed a little grease into the bearing and voila! Perfect ever since.

What I would really like though, is a good AR crystal without the magnifying bubble. I know it wouldn't be right, but I would like it even better.

It's really a great watch, and Silix is the most honest dealer in the long run that I have dealt with, even when problems crop up. Getting one of the others who has been mentioned in this thread to actually rectify things is like pulling teeth. He sure takes good pictures though, and his website is second to none, which is probably why he sells so many watches. . . .

Silix is my suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

woohoo..

PT comes through again with the goods..

I have to say, the watch looks much better in real life than it does in the pics. I am very happy about this purchase. I love the clean - minimalistic yet macho look. Will upload some pics soon enough for sure.

Anyone know of a good leather strap for this? i think the width is something odd like 23mm lug and 22mm deployant..

Any ideas?