When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

On the state of my affairs

TWP

Sorry T.. not buying it..

wow, no drink since last night .. ok

the alcoholic/addict behavior is as soon as everything seems all good and the heat is off ..... evrythings OK.. oh well

You gotta start somewhere dont ya? I think it is great to say, not tonight, not tomorrow night. I think it is good to say i do not want to drink anymore. And guess what, i am calling AA tomorrow mate and seeing when they have meetings in my area.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta start somewhere dont ya? I think it is great to say, not tonight, not tomorrow night. I think it is good to say i do not want to drink anymore. And guess what, i am calling AA tomorrow mate and seeing when they have meetings in my area.

Good luck to you T.. God's speed and ... I hope it works out for you..

TWP, you have a gift in making the others feel like old, intimate friends whenever reading anything from you, from a few words exchanged on a trivial thing like a replica watch, up to an ironballs public expression as in this thread.

At least this is how I felt on almost any occasions I exchanged a few lines with you, or even when I just read anything from you (well, there also were a few drops in style at times to tell the whole truth, but now it is also clear why).

This is a rare gift, it is a shame that fate is raging that way on a person like you.

Fortunately it is not only fate, you have the power in your hands to drive part of it, your drink & drug habits. Getting in touch with AA is the greatest thing you can do for yourself and your family. I saw dozens persons in even deeper waters than yours, and AA WORKED.

About all that is not in your own hands, I am no prayer but my thoughts and wishes go to you and your family. For job reasons I followed several people affected with lupus, especially about their neurologic involvement, and many of them are carrying on a much better life than originally feared. Some of them an all- or almost- normal life, actually.

Keep up.

If you decide to give up with the whole rep thing, please don't cease to frequent the forum at least. You would be missed.

• 2 weeks later...

TWP,

I was wanting to know how the progress was going. Are you in a program? Have you committed yourself to breaking the bondage of substance abuse?

I pray that you have. Not only for yourself as that is the first step but also that you are there for your wife and children. Remember that as they get older, they will notice. They will see you popping pills. They will see you downing that fifth. They will think it is ok. Look out not only for your future, but your sons'.

If you have made that call....if you've gotten into a program.....God bless you and I pray he is the rock you anchor yourself to as you get through these tests he has laid before you.

"2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. 3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table......6 and may you live to see your children's children....Psalm 128