When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What PAM could this be?

blade007

Hiya Guys and Girls,

I just spoted someone at my work wearing a PAM. This is the first time I have come across such a thing.. LOL. Perhaps in the past I didnt know enough about watches to care..

Here is what it looks like:

around 44-48mm

black dial

A subdial at 6, this subdial has a red ring around it

what appeared to be AR

green numbers

green hands

good finish

I only got a glance, but will try to find out more. Been looking around at the official site and I didnt see any watches that have a red ring around the 6'o clock subdial...

Sorry I cant provide a pic, anyone know what this PAM could be?

Cheers

D

genuine watch owners are rare... and you will see them only in a specific environments

only watch enthusiasts will spend a lot of money for watches. All other poor guys wearing a -$100 watch. Most persons in a middle position wearing a $250 watch from Armani, Seiko and else... and they think this is a expensive watch.

a guy who spend $5.000 for a watch will make $10.000 each months with his job. A guy who spend $5.000 for a watch but with monthly $3.000 earning... this must be a watch enthusiast.

I have noticed that my customers are mostly rich guys... they purchase watches from me in a price range of $1.000 - $2.000... this is not much for luxuries watches. I thought that this are all guys in a middle position.... thought that rich guys wouldn

I've never heard of a PAM 1973 Submersible, nor can I remember seeing a PAM with a red date ring at 6 o'clock. Did you say GREEN hands???? Get a pic of this thing, I gotta see it!

It is a bad fake of course... Probably a Pam Troll-mersible :p

what i mean is... you will not see a guy with a genuine $10.000 watch very often... and not in your neighbourhood

Depends on your neighbourhood. :p

But I agree with everything else you said, T.

I've discussed this point before with Pugwash, that rich people are tighter than others, and it was shot down. I'm telling you, rich people will argue for HOURS to save a few dollars, if they can.

Whereas a common shop assistant tactic at Bloomigdale's, Harrods, etc., is to say, "It's very beautiful, but too expensive". A middle-class person immediately bristles and buys the darn thing, to show they can afford it, so there.

A rich person raises his eyebrow and walks away, laughing at the impertinence.

Of course, there are rich people, and then there are rich people.

Even a CEO may not be a member of elite social circles, where you are expected to have at least one good watch -- nothing under $10,000 need apply. But even then you can tell the WISses from just the price snobs. I always admire these society types wearing a Blancpain.

haha.. it was interesting indeed. We got talking about reps and needless to say she was a newbie like myself to the rep world. RWG might have a new member joining the family.. hehe

Personally, I try to avoid reps that are wayyyy over my wage bracket, not that I would ever try to pass a fake as an original. Just I dont wanna be spotted wearing a "fake".

I guess a lot of this is down to the sector we work in. At my workplace I have come across a lot of people who do not wear a watch cause they "dont need it", they use the time on the computer (taskbar) and when not at work they use their beloved mobile phone as a time telling device and when at home they have the teletext ofcourse.. :-|

Being able to afford a

Edited by dakku