When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer

DVS

It is great is it not? Has to be the perfect 1:1 rep ever.

Got mine from Josh last month too.

I've got this watch from Josh, too, and it gets plenty of wrist time BUT... definitely not perfect 1:1. The winding crown is slightly too thick (as it is with most rolex reps), the "ter" of "superlative chronometer" is spaced out too far from the rest of the word, and the most glaring flaw is that the etched coronet at 6 is very visible... even from as far as a foot away.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this watch very much, but I don't want anyone to think it is perfect 1:1 ;)

@ swissaddict

Well it is a better rep for $108 than some of my more expensive reps. Anytime someone has to actually take it off the wrist to see if it is a rep is 1:1 close enough for me.

If fact, when I got it repared (the end link was misaligned) the day I went to pick it up I asked the clerk if my "Rolex" was ready. The watch was so close that I don't even think of it as a rep.

@ swissaddict

Well it is a better rep for $108 than some of my more expensive reps. Anytime someone has to actually take it off the wrist to see if it is a rep is 1:1 close enough for me.

If fact, when I got it repared (the end link was misaligned) the day I went to pick it up I asked the clerk if my "Rolex" was ready. The watch was so close that I don't even think of it as a rep.

I agree with you; for $108 it is a better rep than some more expensive ones. I actually have the $218 swiss eta version, and it is still a better rep than some more expensive ones. But that etched coronet is quite visible, and if you hand the watch to someone who knows a little about Rolexes they'll be able to tell it's not genuine almost immediately. That's why I wouldn't make the "1:1" claim.

great shots, I own a very similar piece, but with an eta. the biggest flaw is the etched crown. as far as I can research, the gen has no etched crown in the crystal. I love the exp I. I wear mine ona nato strap. maybe someday I will try to find a better crystal for it. other than that its railmaster good...

thanks for the post and the pics. wear it well.