When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do You Workout With Your Watch On?

bruce79

I don't see what is wrong wearing reps esp with sporty watches like panerais (besides the radiomir line) to the gym. I could care less if it wacks into the weights I am lifting. It is just a rep. I mean some of you proclaimed that if you lose/destroyed your reps, you wouldn't be heartbroken 'cos it is just a rep. I just don't understand why some of you are so protective of them in the gym. The only absurd situation I think of at this moment is if you wear a gen patek for a brutal gut-wrenching workout and then proceed to flex your forearm for a wrist shot pose in front of everybody. :lol:

Excuse me guy's but I'm laughing my [censored] off here :Jumpy:

Ok I'm getting on a bit now but in my younger days I was a gym instructor and quite frankly back then any one who wore any jewelery during was thought of as a bit of a [censored].

If you were working out in the gym even if you wore a cheap Seiko you took it off before you started, if you went for a jog the only acceptable adornment was a cheap sports watch.

See we saw exercising as a way to get fit not another opportunity to impress those around us.

Ok putting on my flame vest and pissing off now :bicycle:

Ken

Yeap thats what I think too..I dont like to show off to people ...I wear my quartz Oakley D12 before..but now..I dont wear anything..more comfy... :D:D

exactly. Why anyone would wear a high end watch or rep to the gym is beyond me. There is a guy that wears a GMT Rollie to my gym and all he does is do a couple reps and looks at the time? <_< Give me break.

There is no need for it IMO. Wearing a digital watch to time laps or something is one thing but wearing a nice automatic for posing is another. :g:

It's just like me walking around in this pose all day.

72190-32329.jpg

Don't laugh. That is actually me

LOL thats true..a lot of people posing in the gym ..are you one of them...loooks like it :D:D

You are a dangerous man indeed! :o

Me? Dangerous? :huh:

I am the most peaceful and friendly guy one could think of... :rolleyes:

Considering the level of vanity that goes along with collecting reps, who are we to judge folks who wear their watches to the gym. If wearing a watch to the gym or while you partake in physical activities is not your style, cool. But I can think of a lot less appropriate places I've worn my watches and if I had it my way I'd have 5 wrists for my 5 reps and never take them off. Ever! :bleh:

Considering the level of vanity that goes along with collecting reps, who are we to judge folks who wear their watches to the gym. If wearing a watch to the gym or while you partake in physical activities is not your style, cool. But I can think of a lot less appropriate places I've worn my watches and if I had it my way I'd have 5 wrists for my 5 reps and never take them off. Ever! :bleh:

I hear ya. You would be surprised at the number of people in my gym who wear watches while they work out. Not all are high-end luxury watches, although there are many high-end sport watches (Tags, Omega's etc..) and most work out hard. Yesterday I worked on a stair master, and on the machine next to me was a woman with a nice looking Omega. She and I were both on for 30 mins. and I can assure you her workout was strenuous.

I personally do not a watch because I find it uncomfortable, but I wouldn't judge anyone who does, nor would I presume to understand their motivation

My workout is Tai Chi Chuan, where they recommend not to wear even the tiniest bit of metal -- so none of my beloved watches for me there.

You are a dangerous man indeed!

Me? Dangerous? :huh:

I am the most peaceful and friendly guy one could think of... :rolleyes:

Speed up the Tai Chi Chuan, and you have a very effective martial art :g:

Well you have two wrists.... two ankles.... and for the fiddy you have one ............!

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :p

Speed up the Tai Chi Chuan, and you have a very effective martial art :g:

As for that, I also used to practice two different styles of Karate: Shotokan (for long-distance) and Goju-Ryu (for short distance) -- but that was when I was younger.

Just Tai Chi Chuan and meditation for me now... :)

As for that, I also used to practice two different styles of Karate: Shotokan (for long-distance) and Goju-Ryu (for short distance) -- but that was when I was younger.

Just Tai Chi Chuan and meditation for me now... :)

Tai Chi Chuan is very good for meditation as well as learning self-defence.

I did a Shaolin style called Nam Pai Chuan.

I also have a lot of respect for Aikido, Ju-jitsu and Sambo style. Great for self-defence too.

Tae-kwon-do is just flashy and not useful for self-defence, 70% cannot be used in close quarters.

Tai Chi Chuan is very good for meditation as well as learning self-defence.

I did a Shaolin style called Nam Pai Chuan.

I also have a lot of respect for Aikido, Ju-jitsu and Sambo style. Great for self-defence too.

Tae-kwon-do is just flashy and not useful for self-defence, 70% cannot be used in close quarters.

As you know, Ronnie, I cannot speak about soccer -- but I see we found several shared "sports" in the end! ;)

:group:

I like cats too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:group:

And I like babes too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

(especially Adriana... :D)