When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What To Make?

Guest asad

I have a Jimmy Fu Case and a OEM "J" Series Crown Guard.

(They Fit, Flush Perfect)

DSC06698.jpg

DSC06669.jpg

So my question to you all is, If you had these two key components to making some thing extra special, What would it be?

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

111G. Brush finish the CG and you're all set. That would be the most accurate option, IMO. Although, it looks like you've got the "roller tip" on your CG. In that case, you could just leave it and tell anyone who asks that you swapped it for the newer style CG specifically for the roller tip lever...

Edited by peepshow

Great though do you know, how I can get this CG brushed?

I was editing my post as you quoted me, since I didn't notice the roller tip CG lever at first. :o

Since the roller tip will give it away as not belonging to a G series watch anyway, you could just leave it polished.

Seems I was just reading a post on one of the gen forums where I guy had his brushed CG polished up because he preferred how the polished CG looked. I have to agree with him, actually. I like the polished CG on my 010D rep.

I've always had a thing for a skeletonized pam, I had one of these cases a year or so ago and made one with a very basic 6497,,,now I would drop in a high quality skeletonized movement with blued hands. Can't get more special than that,,,very few around right now.

Nice suggestion. Thats something to consider.

Thanks

It's a nice suggestion for a project, but I wouldn't "waste" these parts on a watch that is just an homage, anyway. If you're building an homage, why do you care how accurate the case parts are? There is no gen to live up to.

I'd go with the 104, if you're OK with an auto. That way you could leave the CG polished. Source a 104 caseback (series will be wrong for the CG style, but whatever), 104 dial, Swiss 7750 and hands. Job done.

It's a nice suggestion for a project, but I wouldn't "waste" these parts on a watch that is just an homage, anyway. If you're building an homage, why do you care how accurate the case parts are? There is no gen to live up to.

I'd go with the 104, if you're OK with an auto. That way you could leave the CG polished. Source a 104 caseback (series will be wrong for the CG style, but whatever), 104 dial, Swiss 7750 and hands. Job done.

Thanks, I think that auto might be a better idea.

Asad, my question would be what are you going to do with a "J" series CG with no "J" series case-backs available? The CG is stunning but that roller is a dead giveaway to anything not "J" marked.

The fact that the case and the cg fit flush is awesome. It really goes to show just how perfect Jimmy Fu parts are.

Good luck with it.

Asad, my question would be what are you going to do with a "J" series CG with no "J" series case-backs available? The CG is stunning but that roller is a dead giveaway to anything not "J" marked.

The fact that the case and the cg fit flush is awesome. It really goes to show just how perfect Jimmy Fu parts are.

Good luck with it.

Thanks and that is one of my concerns as well not having any J series case backs.

This is not a 'historic' J series crown guard you have there. It is from contemporary Automatic models.

Brushing this as suggested will not make it accurate for manual wind models. THey are two COMPLETELY different cgs.

If you want to make an accurate replica it should be an automatic like the 104 / 164 ;)

I'm just very impressed with your ability to source parts. You always seem to have the good stuff.

Wouldn't it be amusing if we all found out Asad is really a Panerai employee gone AWOL? That he decided to leave Panerai because they were telling him to clock out for lunch but to work through it and deal with any rouge Paneristi that came through with a homage watch and call them on their blasphemous fakes. He knew better and decided to stock up on parts (and a spare 'Zero' they had lying around) and fled the Boutique. He was heard exclaiming as he got into his Crossfire, "Damn you Panerai! Homage pieces are not fakes and I will not sleep till all know this!!"

Now he resides in a small town where he finds himself building random homage pieces and occassionaly posting and causing a ruckus at the Paneristi site.

Damn the man, Asad...Damn the man!! :)

This is not a 'historic' J series crown guard you have there. It is from contemporary Automatic models.

Brushing this as suggested will not make it accurate for manual wind models. THey are two COMPLETELY different cgs.

If you want to make an accurate replica it should be an automatic like the 104 / 164 ;)

I think you pinned the donkey just right! The 164 is a very attractive piece. and thanks for pointing that it is a auto CG.

Thanks

Wouldn't it be amusing if we all found out Asad is really a Panerai employee gone AWOL? That he decided to leave Panerai because they were telling him to clock out for lunch but to work through it and deal with any rouge Paneristi that came through with a homage watch and call them on their blasphemous fakes. He knew better and decided to stock up on parts (and a spare 'Zero' they had lying around) and fled the Boutique. He was heard exclaiming as he got into his Crossfire, "Damn you Panerai! Homage pieces are not fakes and I will not sleep till all know this!!"

Now he resides in a small town where he finds himself building random homage pieces and occassionaly posting and causing a ruckus at the Paneristi site.

Damn the man, Asad...Damn the man!! :)

LOL ,Well said, Bravo. Though How did you find out my life's story?